Where in the world is Charlie Weis

Guest bluester2000

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new to this recruiting stuff, but how much credence should we put into this flight tracking? ND and its larger boosters probably have multiple aircraft, which Charlie has at his disposal. But, ND could use these planes for multiple reasons, not just football recruiting.

I guess my question is.... that by tracking this plane to a certain city, what are the chances that Charlie is visting a certain recruit in that city? Seems to me that this could be just speculation. (but then again what isn't in the recruiting world)

Guest cbrostrom325

the trevor robinson thing is probably true. because he goes to elkhorn high school which is right outside omaha. I live in lincoln. There would be absolutely no other reason he would be in nebraska, unless it was lincoln and kevin white was negotiating with nebraska AD for a game in the coming years, but he would prolly fly to lincoln. another possibility is that he was visiting niles paul, which is the best player in nebraska this year, but he is a real solid verbal to nebraska.

Indy, you are correct. I am sure that are multiple ways to get around. And this is more of hobby to guess where is the world is Charlie. But, it was said earlier that Weis was going to visit Floyd today. I think it is a fairly safe assumption, that Father Jenkins gave him the keys to the plane with a travel pattern like that. I can't see Charlie riding from South Bend to Virginia, to PA, to Nebraska all for a ride to Minnesota.

Guest NDFANINTEXAS
I'm new to this recruiting stuff, but how much credence should we put into this flight tracking? ND and its larger boosters probably have multiple aircraft, which Charlie has at his disposal. But, ND could use these planes for multiple reasons, not just football recruiting.

I guess my question is.... that by tracking this plane to a certain city, what are the chances that Charlie is visting a certain recruit in that city? Seems to me that this could be just speculation. (but then again what isn't in the recruiting world)

I have been using flightaware for about 2 years tracking the ND plane and it is very consistent with recruit visits. Next time you read anyhting about Charlie Weis visiting a recruit go to flight aware and check the activity and it will be 100% correct. Their are many recruit visits we dont hear about so any speculation is just that...speculation. Anywho...It is still fun to speculate.

Guest bluester2000

I actually think it's a genius idea by the athletic department. Obviously nobody associated with the administration can say where or who Charlie is visiting, but people want to know. I also think the administration could try to fool us, but realizes it makes more sense just to let us speculate.

Guest irishrick

WELL BASED UPON ALL THIS TRAVEL OF CHARLIE, I SEE THAT THERE WON'T BE A presser UNTIL AFTER SIGNING DAY, i wish he would confirm the coaching changes and so forth . :lol:

Guest NDEagles379

Yeah, there are articles saying he visited Robinson in Neb., Floyd in St. Paul, Paskorz in Pitt (although could have seen an '08 recruit in addition), and today is his scheduled home visit to Peters in Louisiana.

So he is using the plan for these trips, and it is accurate. It might not always be accurate, because this plane is also used for admin. purposes. In that case Charlie would use someone's private plane instead.

As far as the Nebraska trip is concerned, it could be that Fr. Jenkins is visiting the number 3 rated Multivariate Calculus teacher in the country, Frank Schwingendorf. According to SchoolScout, Schwingendorf is a 4-star teacher currently working at Ivy Tech in Lincoln who can solve a 5 by 5 matrix in 4.35 minutes.