Scout Hot 100 Updated Rankings

Guest shark83

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shark83
i think kamara is a better WR prospect then tolliver is.

Yea, a lot of people from Texas think that Tolliver is just a "Camp Star". One of those players who shines w/o the pads, w/o the defenders and just impresses the coaches at camps w/ his measurables. Rivals finally wised up and droped him from #1 to #4 WR.

IMO, next year's WR class is going to be much better (A. J Green, Julio Jones, M. Floyd, Aldarius Johnson, Kenny Tate, Michael Floyd, D. J. Shoemate).

IMO, next year's WR class is going to be much better (A. J Green, Julio Jones, M. Floyd, Aldarius Johnson, Kenny Tate, Michael Floyd, D. J. Shoemate).

ND should have a lot of offers to hand out next years so i would have no problem with them bringing in three WRs (floyd, buckner and tate would be my three).

Although it sucks that our class didn't turn out the way we thought it would, you're right russ, having those extra schollies next year is going to come in handy. Also, b/c we will have around 30 to give out next year, when kids like Colasanti or Dailey want to come to ND, we don't have to turn them away because we think we are going to get a top prospect at the same position.

That list is a joke ...

For one, I was not impressed with Marvin Austin and Joe McKnight (I know, blasphemy) in the AAA game.

All Austin did was almost get to Clausen, and all McKnight did was run around backwards and prove that he's not going to be able to get away with the stuff he did in high school while in college.

Also, Aaron Corp is a 5-star player, and the No. 18 recruit nationally. Please. :roll:

That list is a joke ...

For one, I was not impressed with Marvin Austin and Joe McKnight (I know, blasphemy) in the AAA game.

All Austin did was almost get to Clausen, and all McKnight did was run around backwards and prove that he's not going to be able to get away with the stuff he did in high school while in college.

:roll:

wow! i thought i was the only one who didn't think mcknight was all that great at the AAA! how nice to see i was wrong! :D

i thought the same thing, too; that he's not gonna be able to do what he did in h.s. on the college level aganist high level talent.

i certainly do not think he will be the next reggie bush, as some have said...

If recruiting is over at this point with 17 - do you think CW will use up to 30 next year or will he try to stay in the 25 area?

Overall - does anyone know in general how next years class stacks up to this one? I believe WR was supposed to be stronger with the 2008 class than the 2007, but don't know about any other position classification.

If recruiting is over at this point with 17 - do you think CW will use up to 30 next year or will he try to stay in the 25 area?

Overall - does anyone know in general how next years class stacks up to this one? I believe WR was supposed to be stronger with the 2008 class than the 2007, but don't know about any other position classification.

Rockne3d answered this in another thread:

Per year you can have 25 commits. But that number can increase if you have early entries. EE's can count for the current class or the previous class. If counted toward the previous year, that year cannot exceed 25 either. For example, if you had 23 last year than you can only count 2 of this years class toward last year for EE.

Guest NDLawJAG

We have 18... unless someone decommitted today. I think we hit 20 or 21. I think that is a good number and will let us take around 20 next year.

08- 20 recruits

07- 20 recruits

06- 28 recruits

05- 15 recruits

plus a couple fifth year seniors.

I'm confused...so why wouldn't we take at least 25 next year?

On a positive note, Kamara moved up to the #8 WR and G. Little is #12. Our WR corp is going to be absolutely dominating, hopefully these two can come in and play from day 1.

Scouts rankings suck! End of story! I agree with the abve post Aaron Korp a five star prospect!!!????!??!?!?! They pulled that one out of their ass! Also I dont understand how Trattou could have an unbelievable week of practice and a good game in the AAA and not have moved up farther than he did but Everson Griffen goes all the way to number one for them after he did the same! He is good....but the number one prospect in the nation? Gary Gray was the most impressive db in the game and he gets shafted on his ranking??!!!??? I think the reality of it all is that Notre Dame is not in bed with scouts or rivals but at least rivals keeps it somewhat fair although I think their a joke as well! In my opinion you cant judge these kids abilities until they get into a program and see how well they adapt and how fast they pick everything up. Rivals and scouts mythical rankings meen absolutely nothing! They have missed on guys so many times its like reading an NFL mock draft 5 months ahead of time and trying to figure out what player is going where. It is a joke and a travesty to try and label someones full abilities with a star rating! You cant measure everything including how smart a kid is or his desire! I remember Sam Rutigliano speaking at a function once and remarking that the reason some players make it and some dont even though they have the same physical capabilities is because one of them had the will,courage,desire and smarts to make himself a great player and the other one didnt! Physical abilities will only get you so far! Case in point Marvin Austin! Austin was openly criticized during the AAA bowl when it was made known that even his high school coach questioned his effort on every play! I caught it! Im sure others did too! Too me that read like an open book! There is no way in hell these guys can rate these kids on a realistic level. Stars systems are one of the dumbest things I have ever seen when it comes to college recruiting. I forget what the average is as far as how many players actually make it to the pros from college but it is shockingly realistic and very telling in that most of these kids, the percentage would be astronomical, will never see an NFL field but only as a spectator from the stands. There are too many factors that come into play to try and rate these kids this early! Sorry for the rant!

Guest fighton2007

you're right.. the star system is definitely flawed, but it is still reasonably accurate. look at scout or rivals' top 100 players for the past 4-5 years, and there is pretty good accuracy in predicting players.

are there busts? mistakes? of course - but how many nfl scouts have made mistakes in the NFL draft? no scouting system will ever be perfect, but scout and rivals do a fairly good job in scouting high school players, considering how many high schools are in the country.

not to be a flamer, but every scout at the army game agreed that everson griffen was the best prospect. 6'4, 265, 4.46 40-time - hard to argue with that.

and aaron corp was voted LA's top player of the year, led his team to the CIF championship in the most competitive league in california. he may not have the hype/pedigree of a jimmy claussen, but he's still a pretty good QB

Guest NDLawJAG
I'm confused...so why wouldn't we take at least 25 next year?

why can we only take 20? I guess charlie is going to be selective with the offers if thats the case.

It all numbers.... We can only have 85 players on scholarship. We need to subtract this years class (18 right now but I think 20 or 21 is more likely) so we have 65. After we take out the, 28 from last years class and 14 from the year before (42-65) and we have 23 scholarships left. I assumed 3 scolarships for fifth year players and walkons, so we only have 20 offers left. That could go up with juniors leaving early.