Two 5 Stars, Twelve 4 Stars, Four 3 Stars recruits

chirodomer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, the quality of our recruiting has really gone up since CW got here. There is no reason why were filling our class with a ton of 3 stars and even a couple 2 stars. Not that those guys can't develop into great players, but how many of those USC NCs were built on 3* talent?

After looking at Scout...arguably our best cover corner this year, Mike Richardson was an unranked 1* WR! Just what the hell was that coaching staff thinking!! I remember this year we could've probably had 3* Jordan Mabin if we would've offered...Ty would probably have sh!t his pants for a chance at a guy like him.

Guest CanadianIrishFan

Recruiting may prove to be more difficult next season if we don't have as much success on the field. While we all know that we are losing a crap load of starters, and have a terrible junior and senior class of players to replace them (not including the 5th year seniors). That means that next year could be difficult. If the team only wins 7 or 8 games then recruiting might not be as easy to come by next year but who knows, anything can happen.

I just think its wrong to assume that every recruiting year is going to be amazing.

If we win 8 games, I think next season will be a success, considering all of the guys that we are losing and the lack of experience we have coming back. IMO as long as we play soundly and we show consistent and constant improvement on both sides of the ball, I don't think we will have problems recruiting.

that GT defense that gave us trouble last year, loses I think it was 1 or 2 DL and a LB. The rest were underclassmen, so I dont think it'll be that easy. Plus their backup QB was better than Ball, although I think we have more trouble with athletic QBs then dropback. Calvin Johnson leaving obviously gives us a better chance, but their starting to get better at recruiting and they have a great defense. I think we'll have trouble the first 4 weeks. But I think we'll still get at least 2 W's out of it. I think we shock the wolverines again!! Overall I think our defense is going to be better, although it doesnt look like it right now, we will. The other thing with a lot of underclassmen playing, we'll be more suspect to lose to a team we should beat. My prediction is 9 wins including a bowl win, but it might be 8 wins with the bowl win, so I say 8 or 9 and 4.

Guest NDLawJAG
that GT defense that gave us trouble last year, loses I think it was 1 or 2 DL and a LB. The rest were underclassmen, so I dont think it'll be that easy. Plus their backup QB was better than Ball, although I think we have more trouble with athletic QBs then dropback. Calvin Johnson leaving obviously gives us a better chance, but their starting to get better at recruiting and they have a great defense. I think we'll have trouble the first 4 weeks. But I think we'll still get at least 2 W's out of it. I think we shock the wolverines again!! Overall I think our defense is going to be better, although it doesnt look like it right now, we will. The other thing with a lot of underclassmen playing, we'll be more suspect to lose to a team we should beat. My prediction is 9 wins including a bowl win, but it might be 8 wins with the bowl win, so I say 8 or 9 and 4.

Of course they may have an entirely new coaching staff. Gailey is a finalist for two pro jobs.

Guest AtlantaIrish

I hope Gailey stays because he isn't a very good gameday coach. Rumor around here is that if Gailey does get the Dolphin's job then Jon Tenuta will be his replacement.

Guest irishrick

keep the Faith guys , i tell you with coach brown on board and all these rookies were going to make a statement this year, got to move zibby and put some speed back there and we will be okay > go irish . :D

keep the Faith guys , i tell you with coach brown on board and all these rookies were going to make a statement this year, got to move zibby and put some speed back there and we will be okay > go irish . :D

With Coach Brown, we have a Defensive Co-ordinator who is looking to prove his worth. Notre Dame is a big time program...regardless of how we may appear to Mark May, Bob Davie's etc, etc. And Coach Brown has arrived!!! I do not feel his ego is over-loading his capabilities, but I honestly believe he is going to show everyone he is here to stay.

With this attitude...he will rub off on the returnees and recruits alike. I am extremely excited by this. Not only fresh blood...but one who will relate to the recruits for years to come. By implementing new strategies and schemes...others will now have to take the Irish seriously...

Recruiting will def. turn around. ND has made a decision to go younger & more energetic w/ their new coaches. More than results on the field, kids need to be inspired by the school/ coaches to make that decision to sign that L.O.I.

Heck, look at Zook. Perfect example. His record didn't seem to prevent him from over achieving on his recruiting expectations.

That's what i thought D Fence. And hey your about to crack 100

Thanks Sir John. Is that all? Seems like it's been forever. Ok, well here goes...aah 100!

TDND - I agree with you. It's funny, I got my older brother hooked on some recruiting sites. He's a UM grad and just mentioned they lost Jerimy Finch (de-committed and committed to Indiana). I haven't followed UM recruiting, but he's pulling his hair out that they had a pretty good season outside of the bowl / OSU game, but they feel they're struggling mightily in recruiting. It's easy to get caught up in smaller battles / losses, but I'm really coming around to the importance of player development. And while I'd rather have us have several DTs in the bag, I feel better with Gray and Smith on board because you can't teach that speed they bring. Nwankwo and / or Nuss will get coached up and beefed up to be very effective inside with Williams.

Recruiting may prove to be more difficult next season if we don't have as much success on the field.

I just think its wrong to assume that every recruiting year is going to be amazing.

And that leads to the real show this year-weis' team in his first transition year. I think he'll pass with flying colors.

and this thread really makes you wonder what announcers and "experts" are thinking when they say that these are willingham's players.