Chris Little not committed to FSU anymore

patches12345

FSU recieved a commitment from Chris Little and then basically backed off of it. The coach who originally recruited him was fired and the coach brought in doesnt like him for whatever reasons. Some speculate they did this to open up a spot for another OL.

I think there was a thread about this earlier but I couldnt find it

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

FSU recieved a commitment from Chris Little and then basically backed off of it. The coach who originally recruited him was fired and the coach brought in doesnt like him for whatever reasons. Some speculate they did this to open up a spot for another OL.

I think there was a thread about this earlier but I couldnt find it

Patches that is surprising news.Wonder if CW will let him still come to ND.

Guest IndyIrish

Well he's got ALOT of work to do judging from AAA week and game. Very very weak in pass coverage from what I saw/read (Could be from going against Everson Griffen, but I digress). I think he played in a predominate run offense in HS?

Well he's got ALOT of work to do judging from AAA week and game. Very very weak in pass coverage from what I saw/read (Could be from going against Everson Griffen, but I digress). I think he played in a predominate run offense in HS?

My thinking exactly. He looked a little slow (no pun intended). If he slimmed down a bit, he could be a player. He reminds me of Chris Stewart.

If he was to come here, he would have to go against Everson for 4 years. He has great size, and I am convinced he would be a great player, but he will need a year of Mendoza before he would see the field.

Guest NDEagles379

I don't really want Chris Little. He can stay in the south.

In his defense, he had a hamstring injury and gained some weight in the past few weeks before the AAA Bowl week. This is according to his coach.

That's part of the reason he couldn't pass block too well.

The advantage to getting him is he can allow Emeka or Nuss to move to DT. Then we'd still have good OL numbers.

I used to hate Michael Oher who committed to Ole Miss and was like what's the big deal? He got smoked in HS & smoked in the AAA game, but apparently, it's all about coaching. As long as the kid has the athleticism and body, he can make it on a team that is well coached. Oher is one hell of an OT, now.

I will take Little any day.

Guest weisforprez

Yup, he's Irish. This is huge not just because he's a great player, but I think Nwanko can now freely try DT because with last class of 6 OL, and this class with 5 OL, why not let Nwanko see if he can get higher up on the depth chart on the defense.

This is great news.

Next up, Blackwell!!!!

Yup, he's Irish. This is huge not just because he's a great player, but I think Nwanko can now freely try DT because with last class of 6 OL, and this class with 5 OL, why not let Nwanko see if he can get higher up on the depth chart on the defense.

This is great news.

Next up, Blackwell!!!!

I like the idea basically based on what 'prez' noted. In fact not only Nwanko may attempt an 'across the lines' change...but didn't Little play defense in high school also? Sure he is going to be a project, but on what side of the ball who take less effort to improve?

Yeah...Oher is the subject sorta...of Blindside. The story is a little fluffed up, because they say some stuff that just ISN'T true. A lot of it is, but there is stuff about him in HS that makes him sound better than he was. We had a linebacker with a pulled hammy and broken hand in a cast run up to Oher, throw him down, jump over him and crush the QB. It's all about potential, though...just like with Chris Little. Oher is one of the best OL in the country, now, and it only took a year. We are gonna be huge! If, and I say a big if, Sam Young is incredibly athletic and can move plus Little and Stewart develop, I would like to see those two SOBs at Tackle and Young at Guard or even a 3 tackle set.

I think Little will end up at tackle, opposite Sam Young. Young will be protecting the QB's blind side, and Little will be in front of the QB's face. But just look at the O-line haul the staff has put together in the last 2 years:

2006 - Young, Carufel, Wenger, Stewart, Olsen, Webb

2007 - Little, Romine, Dever, Nwankwo, Nuss

In a couple of years, our O-line will no doubt average, 6'4" 315lbs, at the least.