They did tell our coaches they were coming

Guest JerseyDomer

Guest JerseyDomer

J. Sapp has new video recruiting update and did say that both Martin and Donald told our coaching staff early in the week( last week ) they would be comin to Notre Dame.

sorry to re-open any wounds.

I'm done with this topic now

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NDEagles379

Ouch! Unreal. I wonder if the new defensive coaches will cause them to reconsider. I'm guessing they changed their minds based on our pathetic D and D coaching. Unfortunately Donald would catch all kinds of crap from UT fans if he decommitted, so he probably wouldn't do so.

Sure, can't blame them. But it sounds like Minter did succeed in the recruiting of both, then Weis was up front with Zo, Martin and Donald and said Minter was history. With that personal relationship gone they probably just backed into Tennessee where the relationship and familiarlity was still there.

Guest AtlantaIrish

So I guess I was right, they watched our Bowl game disaster and had a change of heart.

I think we can still get these kids if we bring in the right guys tomorrow.

New, energetic coaches could help persuade them back to the Irish.

I remember last year a CB committing to Michigan during the Army AA game and then decided a week before signing day that he was going to LSU instead.

Guest AtlantaIrish

So I guess I was right, they watched our Bowl game disaster and had a change of heart.

I remember last year a CB committing to Michigan during the Army AA game and then decided a week before signing day that he was going to LSU instead.

his name was jai eugene..

hey atlanta, with all due respect, i don't think that you are right on this one. look at the post above you by nd1baby. *that* seems the most likely reason for the switch, not the bowl game. in fact, hasn't donald been quoted as saying he didn't watch the bowl game?

Guest JerseyDomer
Sure, can't blame them. But it sounds like Minter did succeed in the recruiting of both, then Weis was up front with Zo, Martin and Donald and said Minter was history. With that personal relationship gone they probably just backed into Tennessee where the relationship and familiarlity was still there.

I said this same basic scenario previously.

but with knowing now that in December we were lookin for a new DC, Charlie already had his mind made up I'd assume that Minter was already gone. you'd think then those 3 would have known then too as opposed to finding out Thursday after the ass whoopin we took.

who knows

but with knowing now that in December we were lookin for a new DC, Charlie already had his mind made up I'd assume that Minter was already gone. you'd think then those 3 would have known then too as opposed to finding out Thursday after the ass whoopin we took.

who knows

I doubt that Charlie would have told them as they were packing their bags for San Antonio. That can only lead to a quick decision that isn't thought out.

So, if he did tell them, I have to believe that they knew for a while. So, there was something at the end (other than the coaching changes) that triggered their change.

Guest AtlantaIrish

Donald did watch the game, Mike Frank did an interview with him last Thursday and he stated he watched the game and liked seeing "his boy" Toryan Smith in there.

Hopefully Weis didn't open his mouth until he had the next DC on board. Maybe he told them who it was and they didn't like him. Will be shocked tomorrow if Weis doesn't replace Minter, Polian and Jappy with some solid people. Could only mean we're having a very tough time attracting quality people. Toes and fingers are crossed.....

Guest JerseyDomer

who knows

I doubt that Charlie would have told them as they were packing their bags for San Antonio. That can only lead to a quick decision that isn't thought out.

So, if he did tell them, I have to believe that they knew for a while. So, there was something at the end (other than the coaching changes) that triggered their change.

thats what I said. we now know we were lookin in December for a DC so they would have known for awhile.

if at all.