CJ Spiller to transfer........

Guest SunshineState

Guest SunshineState

to Florida. Just passing along information I heard. Totally off topic. CJ was the fantastic freshman RB for Clemson. I am told that he may be able to play next year if the NCAA allows it. I guess he is trasfering to be closer to his child. Florida gets the RB that they need badly.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my.

Do they have RB recruits this year that may be affected by this since I'm guessing they were thinking about popping right into the lineup.

No, I think we stole their stud in AA. I believe Rainey is going to play in the slot, unless he admits to getting more gifts... :twisted: What the hell, that is a huge addition for FL, I hate to see them get better. Hopefully this has more to do with Bowden getting fired...would be for ND and Gilchrist if he did.

Guest IrishCPA
to Florida. Just passing along information I heard. Totally off topic. CJ was the fantastic freshman RB for Clemson. I am told that he may be able to play next year if the NCAA allows it. I guess he is trasfering to be closer to his child. Florida gets the RB that they need badly.

I heard that he was homesick and he missed his mommy.

Guest SunshineState

Yeah but I think it has more to do with his kid.

Florida has Chris Rainey and Bo Williams. Williams was a 4-star RB but he is already enrolled at UF. Rainey is a 5-star RB but I doubt he switches.

Guest cpprhead59

wow thats huge...the fast get faster.

i do believe there is some type of hardship the NCAA recognizes which would allow him to play immediately, I do not know the specifics.

i think there was a case of a D-1 back from Colorado who transferred to Colorado St. w/o having to sit out the year. I do not know the circumstances but his name was marcus houston.

Guest SunshineState

Nevermind, he is staying at Clemson. He was all set to leave but he had a meeting today with the coaches and they convinced him to stay.

is that the player that they mentioned during the game?

there was one player they mentioned on transfering to Florida or maybe he allready did. the NCAA had the rule where you have to sit out a year, but then it was changed. Meyer was one who was against it, but then found out that Florida was going to be getting a player who could play right away because of it so he was for it then. i think the rule has since been changed back where you have to sit out a year.. so im guessing this was a player who had allready transfered and played for Florida? :?

Guest IndyIrish

No that was Ryan Smith, CB from Utah. He play for Urban at Utah for 2 years. He graduated from Utah in 4 years, but had one more year of eligibility. The new NCAA rule allows players who have graduated with another year of eligibility to transfer without sitting out a year as long as they enroll in grad school at the new school.

Urban was very much against this new rule, then found out he could be helped by it and used it to his advantage. Kinda like suspending Marcus Thomas for 2 or 3 games this year (Western Carolina, South Florida, Southern Miss) but he was mysteriously eligible for the SEC games, despite failing at least 2 drug tests during the year.