Good news: we're going to have a new DC

Guest loweND

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

I heard undercurrents of the DC from some sources but left em alone till now as the drumbeat has increased, could be why some of our 'solid' recruits were not?

Weis is of course in texas at the coaches clinic and can make easy contacts outside of the NFL (personally) while there.

At two sources I am hearing 3 coaches bite the dust???? I hope it's handled diplomaticly if so. Pressers Thursday in South Bend this may be the time to talk about change and then he has the scheduled book signing.

Guest Nardo!

SirJohn, from what I've heard the three coaches are likely Minter, Oliver and Polian. Lewis is a great recruiter and, given the right scheme, is a very effective DB coach. He's proved that on all the levels.

Looks like CW was looking for a DC since the last game of the season.Maybe that is why Minter is being interviewed for the MINN.job cause he was told that he is going to be replaced.IMO.

It's either that or Weis wrote one hell of a glowing letter of recommendation.

Guest SirJohn

Nardo, I have heard Polian mentioned too. Special teams sucked. He need further grooming if he wants to stay in the business and not ride off his Dad's (Colts) name

Guest Nardo!

Bingo. I look for Weis to get a solid ST and LB coach from the solid ranks and nab a quality DL coach from the NFL to become the new DC. That's just my gut feeling.

ive never thought of this before(some may have) ...but is it possible to pull a DC from another top tier college program and in doing so maybe still pull some of the defensive recruits along with that DC?

example, lets say ND can pull the DC from Tennesee, then Donald could say hey wait a minute i want to go with that DC and go to ND? (thats probually unlikely, but just an example)

or another school's DC in which ND had possible top defensive recruits?

either way im glad ND is looking for a replacement for Minter.

Guest NEIrish

I know we might benefit by hiring a DC from another top tier school and possibly have some commits follow into ND, but could we lose any of our current D-fence commits for the same reverse reason?? I know the positives outweigh the negatives but I like our current commits and hopefully we add to them not subtract!! Thoughts??

Guest JerseyDomer
i wonder if Palermo is referring to our DC job possibly becoming open?

was he the defensive coach from miami that got fired this year? wasn't their a defensive coach from miami that was let go during the season?

he was D-Line coach, he left the team after the change to Randy Shannon was announced.

he wasn't the one fired, not sure who was