Championship Game

D Fence

OT - but c'mon! 41-14 in the 4th quarter? Misery loves company, especially with that company being UM and OSU.

To tie this back to recruiting, any chance Weis shuffles staff and puts that call into Cutcliffe "now that you're better and have a year under your belt, we still have a parking spot for you"?

I'll take any assistant that can set up a tent in FLA and start pulling talent from there regularly.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The big 10 is a joke. Wisconsin is the best team they have. tOSU. the over-rated state university. No business being in this game. Who can we steal from OSU? Is there anybody even worth grabbing?

Congrats Urban you selfish prick. Enjoy your last NC.

Guest AtlantaIrish

Well, now I look forward to Thursday when the Irish make some coaching changes and then signing day. Then the Spring game in April, and before we know it we will be playing Georgia Tech.

Go Irish!!

By the way, the Irish are expected to make coaching changes on Thursday.

Guest shark83
The big 10 is a joke.

You mean the Little 2 :lol:

And please tell me I wasn't the only one getting sick of Lee Corso saying, "Give credit to Ron Zook, the guy who recruited those players,".

I kind of thought it was funny how Herbstreit said something right after that like,"Well it's Urban's Meyer's NC, not Zook's".

Guest Subway Alum - MA

Atlanta Irish:

Does your source have any info on who will replace them? Will those replacements be announced on Thursday as well?

Subway Alum - MA

ND Fan Since 1952

troy smith is better then Brady Quinn??? Smith sucked big time last night!!! I don't like UF, but I hate OSU. I wanted UF to score on that last drive to run up the score even more.

EXACTLY! NOW the Heisman voters saw how Mr. Heisman did with real pressure from an excellent defense. Now T. smith knows how Brady felt when his OL was outmatched by Michigan, USC, and LSU, and Brady STILL had better numbers than Smith. Too bad the Heisman vote is before the bowls. No reason it couldn't be the cherry-on-top of an ending college football season (a week after the NC game?).

Guest NDLawJAG

I'm not ready to say UF is a dynasty... That is kinda like saying that J. Russell is the best QB in football after one great game. I still remember the South Carolina game where Florida looked average. The SEC is too good (unlike the PAC 10) for Florida to go undefeated regularly.

I don't think Florida will runaway with the best talent. I think FSU is back on track with Jumbo Fisher (sp?) and a new offensive design. Plus, Randy Shannon seems to be everyone's favorite here in south Florida. He'll reel in most of the best talent in Florida (which just happens to be in Miami) 2008. They will have a monster class.

Rizz, you're right. I think ND has taken advantage of some lean years in Florida. That will likely change. However, Charlie has established a presence down there and will likely continue to snag 2 or 3 blue chip recruits. There is just so much talent to go around.