what i'm hearing:

Guest irish67

Guest irish67

major wright-probably UF tOSU or miami ,will blackwell- probably LSU, malcolm smith- probably USC & finally robert hughes either WEIS or ZOOK- i'm hoping WEIS can nail this 1. 230 pounds with a 420 bench press! robert hughes would be an awesome get for WEIS!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest weisforprez
i think ND is pretty much done with recruiting and they will fail to land a top five class.

Alright, good to have you back Cynical-Danger!!! I've missed you!!!

Haha, honestly I think we get a few more guys and while I agree that we won't be top 5 we should be in the 6-8 range, which is good enough.

Guest JerseyDomer
if ND lands anybody i would think it'll be hughes, m. smith or blackwell. with what happened on saturday i lost all faith in our coaching staff.

Well I haven't lost all faith, but we NEEDED to land some stud LB's and we didn't. or at least 1. we need guys that can go sideline to sideline and we didn't get them. That is bad and borderline inexcusable in my mind.

Charlie should have recruited the hell out of Donald. I'm pretty sure it was Minetr---with CW also, but CW needed to play a stronger part in Chris Donald and Ben Martin for that matter.

we need to adress our NEEDS.

you can't let an entire recruiting class go without getting what we need

we can't just wait til next yr to grab top LB's

There is no way that this is a Top 5 class, we may even drop out of the Top Ten. But, at the end of the day, it matters what you do with the talent.

Trivia question: According to Rivals, who had more top ten classes from 2003-2006, tOSU or ND?

Guest weisforprez
Charlie should have recruited the hell out of Donald. I'm pretty sure it was Minetr---with CW also, but CW needed to play a stronger part in Chris Donald and Ben Martin for that matter.

How do we know he didn't? And if you believe Rock (which I do) than we lost him in the last hour, and all this talk about him committing to Tennessee a month ago is window dressing.

Malcolm Smith is still on the board, and I still think Lorenzo may reconsider beofre signing day. There is still a month to go before we jump off the cliff here fellas.

Guest weisforprez
There is no way that this is a Top 5 class, we may even drop out of the Top Ten. But, at the end of the day, it matters what you do with the talent.

Trivia question: According to Rivals, who had more top ten classes from 2003-2006, tOSU or ND?

I'm guessing ND otherwise it wouldn't be an interesting trivia question.

I'm guessing ND otherwise it wouldn't be an interesting trivia question.

Bingo!!

Guest JerseyDomer

How do we know he didn't? And if you believe Rock (which I do) than we lost him in the last hour, and all this talk about him committing to Tennessee a month ago is window dressing.

Malcolm Smith is still on the board, and I still think Lorenzo may reconsider beofre signing day. There is still a month to go before we jump off the cliff here fellas.

I'm sorry but you CAN'T and DON'T lose a kid like Chris Donald at the last hour.

especially when LB is in my mind our biggest need

He didn't recruit him hard enough if he couldn't get him here. Charlie should have personally recruited him the entire time.

you just don't let him slip away.

I'm not jumpin off a cliff, I'm just being very critical of CW.

You can't give CW props for NOT gettin Donald.

we've landed 4 top D guys in Trattou, Neal, Gray and Smith.

I'm sorry but that's not good enough.

you need to steal Gilchrist

and you need to still pursue Donald.

I taped the AAA game and to me, Donald didn't seem happy when he chose UT. It didn't look right to me.

To me he looked like the least happiest kid to commit to any school.

Something just wasn't right about it.

Jersey, I was thinking the same thing when Donald put on the Tennessee hat. Maybe it was us Irish fans stunned/shocked but he just seemed like it wasn't right. I honestly thought he was going to say, "Just kidding," and then put on the ND cap.

Nobody knows enough to go pointing fingers

If Blackwell gets away we are in trouble. Hughes is the only other possibilty I see and then its done

Just more schollies for next year I suppose. Its still a high quality class

we've landed 4 top D guys in Trattou, Neal, Gray and Smith.

I'm sorry but that's not good enough.

ND is still a strong contender for m. smith but i don't see edwards decommitting from UF.

i totally agree that four top recruites is not good enough to fix our defense. if CW doesn't do something ND will continue to struggle in putting a good defense on the field year after year and it will continue to hurt recruiting.

losing martin, edwards and donald may have set ND back one year in defensive recruiting, specially at LB.