PETE CARROLL INTERVIEWS WITH MIAMI DOLPHINS

PJacksonsDred15

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Miami job is not such a bad gig! First, it is warm weather and with enough money anything be made extremely attractive. Maybe this time the owner will tell Carroll he could succeed now because he could have greater control over player personnel choices, coaches, etc.... Yeah, that's the ticket why Carroll didn't do well before. Yeah, how much again, warm weather and full control of the team on and off the field, he just might do it.

Guest Nardo!

I don't think it'll ever happen. Ever.

But, honestly, I'd love to get the opportunity at a few of their commits who would reopen because Carroll left.

Guest marv81s

This would be a wet dream come true, Poodle leave for the NFL and ND hire Norton as their new DC

I think you would see some usc committs jump ship and decommitt, but I agree with the others that have said that this isn't going to happen.

Trojans would cough up more cash, saban like cash to keep his f'n ass at usc.

Guest Nardo!

WH would have to through out Mike Holmgren money to even make Carroll think about it. We're talking $7-9 mil a year money. Every man has his price and WH is one of the better owners in the league and really likes winning, so who knows.

i would LOVE for Carroll to go to the NFL, but im not sure it would have a drastic effect on USC recruiting. they are still going to be a great team for the next few years ..unless if Carroll was to leave there would be a crazy amount of kids wanting to transfer, and i dont see that happening

Hey guys. Its me rdrdreamer...I have been stating this exact scenario would materialize for the past couple of months. Regardless of the eventual NCAA sanctions that will one day come...his ego is such here in SoCal that he has to go back to the NFL in an attempt to restore any credibility there among his former peers. This may seem far-fetched and a 'reach' by most people...but I don't. I have heard rumblings from this area for sometime about James Wilson concerned about the affairs of USC for awhile now.

Someone will step in and keep this circus going. If this Poodle interview is true, which hasn't been confirmed by ESPN yet, then don't think Jeff Fisher (my old Toreador team mate) won't be ready to jump at this opportunity?

Guys, this is a definite possibility. I'm not willing to say it will happen but it is very possible. More than anything it is something that would feed Petey's ego. The NFL is considered the top and Pete failed when he was there. He would want to show others that he can also be successful in the NFL.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-0107dolphinscarroll,0,178723.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Source: USC's Carroll interviews with Dolphins

By Alex Marvez

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

January 7, 2007, 10:51 PM EST

The ill-fated reign of Nick Saban apparently hasn't discouraged the Dolphins from entertaining the possibility of hiring another high-profile college coach.

The Dolphins are believed to have met with Southern California coach Pete Carroll on Sunday in Costa Rica, a source said. A plane registered to Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga that was used for the team's previous coaching interviews arrived Sunday in Costa Rica before returning to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday night. Carroll was vacationing in Costa Rica on Sunday, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

Carroll, 55, has guided USC to three national championship game appearances during his six seasons with the Trojans. Carroll also has NFL head-coaching experience with the New York Jets (1994) and New England (1997 to 1999).

The Dolphins traveled cross-country on Friday and Saturday to interview six other coaching candidates: Chan Gailey, Jim Mora, Cam Cameron, Ron Rivera, Ron Turner and Ken Whisenhunt. Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga and top executives Bryan Wiedmeier and Joe Bailey will head to Minnesota today to speak with Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, a source said.

Considered one of the NFL's top young coaching prospects, the 34-year-old Tomlin just completed his first season as Minnesota's defensive coordinator after serving the previous five years as Tampa Bay's secondary coach. Tomlin is set to interview later this week for Pittsburgh's head coaching vacancy.

Saban quit the Dolphins on Wednesday to become the University of Alabama's head coach.

Alex Marvez can be reached at amarvez@sun-sentinel.com

Copyright © 2007, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Guest irishangler

rerdreamer-

Didn't Jeff Fisher just get an extension on his contract with the Titans? If he did, i dont see him leaving, especially with all the potential of Vince Young.

Guest Nardo!

I still say it's a longshot, but who knows? We all thought Donald was going to be Irish. :p

Relax, I'm kidding. I was just trying to help everyone get over our bad recruiting day on Saturday.

would Carroll prefer Miami over Arizona?

i would think if he wants to go back to the NFL he could go to his boy in Arizona, but instead Miami?

Miami has more tradition and has attleast been a top tier team at one point, but if Carroll was to go and turn around Arizona into a winning team he would be like a God in Arizona.. where as if he turns around the Dolphins its not a big deal because thats what they expect.

im sure money would play a big part in it.