Saturday Strike Out????

paisan78

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest weisforprez

Well, the ONE they are talking about is the biggest ONE of all though. So I wouldn't call it a strikeout, more of a solo homer.

I think the consensus is that Edwards is to Florida, Martin to OSU/Tenn/Florida but definately not us, Hughes to Illinois and C Little to FSU.

But I honestly haven't heard anything negative about Romine. And again rumors are rumors, and apparently Martin is really struggling with his decision so anything can happen (although it appears we're now a longshot) and Edwards chose over academics. That has to be good for us right?

We'll see. But again, any scenario where we get the best LB in the country is NOT a strikeout.

Guest JerseyDomer
Anyone else notice a lot of posters on various board are now predicting we strike out, maybe only get one commit tomorrow?

Any news/thoughts on this? Could the Sugar Bowl have affected recruiting that much?

thats because they are :censored: jitbags

Tomorrow is gonna be great!!!

Donald, Zo, Martin, Romine and Michael Williams( i really feel even though he's swayed back between us and UM, he'll end up where he felt comfortable in the beginning, ND- oh, and he is so well spoken it's crazy )

I don't think the Sugar Bowl debacle hurt us at all. The guys comin in will just be thinkin, WE will turn it around. I really think for the top tier guys to know they can come in and play and help turn ND back to ND it means a lot. They will take a lot of pride in being and playin aa part on gettin us back to where we should be.

STAY POSITIVE

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest NDEagles379

I've noticed that too Paisan. Prez, you're pretty on point with what's being said on the II and IE boards. I think a lot of the strike-out posts and the Donald only posts stem from the idea that none of these guys are sure things at this point, and the negativity from the bowl game is affected our fans.

Guest weisforprez

Wow Jersey are you really confident with Martin and Williams???

You're quite the optimist, but I like your spirit. Regardless tomorrow will be a great day for us, I agree on that!!

Guest NDEagles379

Martin sure seems to be hanging out with the Irish guys a lot. Him and Trattou as DEs are buddies and doing great together. I think I'd be worried if there was a consensus on him, but the fact that some are saying Florida, some are saying Ohio St., some even UT, means that nobody really knows. That is good for us.

Edwards is getting along well with Donald, so thats a good sign, as is the academics argument. But it'd be easy for him to stay home and go to UF. I think that's about 50-50.

Romine apparently has been talking up Oklahoma, but I still think he's Irish after all his visits there. Charlie probably would've offered one more OL if he didn't think we had him. 3 is not enough.

Hughes isn't deciding at the AAA game anymore. He's waiting because he's torn between us and Illinois. That's probably good for us.

Little most likely to FSU. Wright, we don't have a chance.

Donald is almost definitely Irish, which is huge. I do not see him being the only one though.

Guest JerseyDomer
Wow Jersey are you really confident with Martin and Williams???

You're quite the optimist, but I like your spirit. Regardless tomorrow will be a great day for us, I agree on that!!

They just come off like 2 kids who have their shit together. They seem to take a lot of pride in themselves and do the right thing.

Plus, Martin with havin family in the area and books being a factor. Him and Donald have been close too.

Williams, I still think comes. His Dad is huge IRISH fan from whats been said and I just don't see him not comin. In the end he's IRISH

we will see.

Again, I just think these kids know they can turn us around and know they will NEVER be forgotten as being a key part in doing so.

Yeah, they could go somewhere else. But they will play a bigger part in helping Notre Dame go back to where we all know we belong

I just really like our chances

If a single game could cost us a recruit then I doubt we really had him. Zook the Crook doesn't seem to be affected by crappy play on the field. I think the guys we get are the guys we were going to get all along. I just want to see Donald put on the Irish hat, but I am nervous. We got our butts kicked last year by Ohio State and Sam Young still came on board after the fact. If we do lose out, I'm hitting the Duff's beer with Homer pretty hard Saturday night.

Guest weisforprez
If a single game could cost us a recruit then I doubt we really had him. Zook the Crook doesn't seem to be affected by crappy play on the field. I think the guys we get are the guys we were going to get all along. I just want to see Donald put on the Irish hat, but I am nervous. We got our butts kicked last year by Ohio State and Sam Young still came on board after the fact. If we do lose out, I'm hitting the Duff's beer with Homer pretty hard Saturday night.

Well you'll be drinking a beer anyway in celebration of getting the #1 LB in tha nation. Drink up!!! :drunk:

edwards has stated that accademics are the #1 reason for picking a college and he consideres football has his backup plan. he's said that he wants to major in arctechture and ND has one of the best in the country. their was also an article just the other day saying that his descision was pretty much based on accademics and if he stays true to his word i think he'll be irish. not to mention he could probbly start at LB from day one.

Guest weisforprez

Well I guess I can't give details because of our rules here at DD (even though it seems every other fan board not connected to Rivals or Scout summarizes premium info all the time...but I digress) but you can put Pete Sampson in the corner of ND striking out tomorrow. He is basically saying we'll get one guy and his name doesn't rhyme with Ronald.

Whatever, I trust the Rock. And frankly I'm tired of all the speculation and just want to watch the game tomorrow.

Well I guess I can't give details because of our rules here at DD (even though it seems every other fan board not connected to Rivals or Scout summarizes premium info all the time...but I digress) but you can put Pete Sampson in the corner of ND striking out tomorrow. He is basically saying we'll get one guy and his name doesn't rhyme with Ronald.

Whatever, I trust the Rock. And frankly I'm tired of all the speculation and just want to watch the game tomorrow.

HAHA, I just said the same thing in another thread. I'm not going to lose confidence in us having success tomorrow!!!!

Guest domehead

Ug...

someone get me CDs' phone # and I'lll just call o'dude up..

Yo..you coming to play for the IRISH Chris?

yup

sweet thank you..

then we all can rest easy...(and drink beer)

GO IRISH

edwards has stated that accademics are the #1 reason for picking a college and he consideres football has his backup plan. he's said that he wants to major in arctechture and ND has one of the best in the country. their was also an article just the other day saying that his descision was pretty much based on accademics and if he stays true to his word i think he'll be irish. not to mention he could probbly start at LB from day one.

All very true russ, but these kids are just so damn unpredictable. I haven't given up hope in getting a commit from him, but I've become more skeptical with the reports of him being a gator. However, I will say this...if Zo is not Irish than I think this should be the last time, and I mean the very last time that we get confident in a recruit because he says, "academics" are a big factor.

Guest bhatta

According to the infamous IrishHammer, we'll get ONE commitment tomorrow and are more than likely going to be very upset with what happens.

He said he won't watch the game because the Sugar Bowl cost us too much with recruits. It's all on the UHND board. Dang that's sad.