Major Wright official

Guest JerseyDomer

Guest JerseyDomer

Jan 19th will be in South Bend

Hey, it's better than him not havin one at all.

nice to see he set it up while down at the AA game

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IndyIrish

If it's true that Lo set this up, then that would pretty much give away his annoucement for Saturday....WOOHOO!

Let's hope he has been in his boy Donald's ear as well.......

Guest chitownirish121

New to the borad, and love all the info, never been so addicted to recruiting as I have been since this year. Anyway... who is visting on the weekend of the 19th??

Wow this is huge. Apparently Edwards has been working his roomate.

Let's hope someone's putting the pressure on Martin too!!!

First off, Welcome 'chitownirish121' to the Domain! Secondly, I am now very concerned about Lorenzo possibly being in Major's ear? From the latest post's I have been reading...one could get the impression that it is Major who is recruiting Lorenzo...to Florida? I have yet to understand how some are getting him (Lorenzo) going to Florida...on the heel's of his recent Scout interview, the one that states that 'academics' was the primary reason he choose where he is going? Am I that lost? Or are others reading this the same way? Me, I am hoping that it is all hype to throw off the numerous reporters before the actual announcement...

Right now I see Lorenzo going to Florida. There is a Florida guy out there that I trust when he says someone is going to Florida. NOT umgamer, or gator4life. When he said it I believed it.

But....every quote he says he seems to want to go to ND.

I really dont know..

I do know that he has been a dominating LB all week in San Antonio.

We all do this abreviation of names: CW, JC, DK, LE, MW and so on. but MW does not work. Three of our top recruits are MW's, Major Wright, Michael Williams and Martez Wilson.

For you new guys on the board. Broker=Rockne=CW! It ain't over til it's over. SFMW = South florida Major Wright could very well suit up Irish. He has old STA= St Thomas Aquinas teammates DW (Dwenger)and SY (Young) in is ears. BM still looks promising. Mama likes the Irish. Still like Mike Wlliams. Booker willbe here as will Blackwell and a few other unexpected goodies. These kids see that thy will make a difference for the Irish defense. EL and I held up the bar at caslers until the 4th Q when the whisky wasn't working any more! Here's to Travis Tritt!!!

A Big shout out to new Mr. Olympia, Jay Cutler!

Personally, I think Major Wright is the recruit the Irish need the most. He is fast, hard-hitting and can erase the big play. Things that no other prospect can bring. Of the recruit films that I have seen, his is the most impressive. Glad to hear he has scheduled an official. Even more glad to hear that he is hanging out with LE.

Personally, I think Major Wright is the recruit the Irish need the most. He is fast, hard-hitting and can erase the big play. Things that no other prospect can bring. Of the recruit films that I have seen, his is the most impressive. Glad to hear he has scheduled an official. Even more glad to hear that he is hanging out with LE.

so basically, you just summed up Zibby. I love the guy but I want a safety that can cover a wideout or tight end to allow others to blitz and can hold his own in the open field. You obviously want guys that are fast, and guys that hit hard are nice too, but it doesn't matter if they run fast or hit hard if they can't cover an ant with a blanket. Lets get some guys that have some true coverage skills and are real defensive players.

I heard someone say it best, our starting defensive secondary this year was composed of 3 former wide receivers and an ex-QB. Hopefully, this is where Harrison Smith, Gary Gray, Walls, and McNeil among others will come into play and help us out! Oh, and we start a runningback at outside linebacker just for good measure. I realize alot of guys play both ways in high school and you want guys that are versatile, but we need guys that both understand defense and excel at it.

Good points 'Irish', the corners and safties are becoming more 'hybred' than ever. There are secondary recruits that can basically do all that you mentioned...we need to start gaining ground on these guys, immediately. We should get a foot hold on them right out the gate, prior to their junior year in high school.

But we need a defensive co-ordinator/recruiter who can sell what he intends on implementing, a productive scheme. And this of course means being creative and making the recruit feel he can gain an advantage in learning said schemes for his eventual attempt to break into the NFL.

Coach Weis sells our offensive recruits on his past merits...we need to have a coach on the defensive side do likewise. What the top 150 recruit really wants more than playing in the BCS...is playing in the BCS while knowing he is being prepared for the NFL.