New 08 ND offer

HMFIC

Dan Bucker, 6'5 190lb WR out of Allen, TX recieved an offer from Notre Dame. From what I understand he is the 6th early offer ND has handed out. He has caught 69 passes for 1100+ yds and 11 TDs on the season.

Ketch at Orangebloods feels he is the best WR in the state this year, and he includes Terrence Tolliver(5*) and Dez Bryant("best pure WR in class": Bobby Burton) on that list.

His QB is Nathan Dick(brother of Casey starting QB at Arkiesaw) who is headed to Rice; they are playing in the State Championship against SLC(going for 4th 5A state title) whose coach,Todd Dodge, was just hired as the new HC at UNT.

Todd Dodge, if you dont know, a former Longhorn QB, is considered one of the best HS coaches in the country, and should be considered a fast riser in the coaching ranks. The Dallas Cowboys offered him the QB coaching job this last year, he turned it down...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JerseyDomer

Just an fyi also, I know we've mentioned it before but Buckner wants to announce over the summer and EE wherever he goes.

I don't see him leavin Texas though-but wouldn't mind if he did

Just an fyi also, I know we've mentioned it before but Buckner wants to announce over the summer and EE wherever he goes.

I don't see him leavin Texas though-but wouldn't mind if he did

I think ND might be the only school that could get him out of Texas, because of style of play and there early love from Weis & Co.

The other guy is Daniel Campbell out of Aldine, he doesnt have an offer yet, but most feel he will committ on the spot if given an offer by ND...

Projected as one of the top 5 OL in the state in ANOTHER deep OL year for Texas: Ben Habern, Stephen Good, JB Shugarts(who has offers from everybody), and Daniel Campbell are all considered Rivals100 quality OL.

Jim Bob Helduser(A&M OL coach) said Habern is the best Center he has EVER seen.

Good is on a loaded Gilmer team and is considered a OU/Texas Lean. Justin Johnson his defensive teammate is considered a top LB/RB prospect and surefire 4*

Guest Subway Alum - MA

Great information HMFIC. Johnson also has an ND offer. I have OL David Snow, as a Top 100 from Gilmer and Good from Paris, TX. Is my information incorrect?

Is Daniel Campbell actually 6'6", 325 lbs. as a junior? Is J.B. Shugarts a UTX lean, or does Notre Dame have an opportunity to pull him out of the state. How are his grades?

The way things are starting off, IMO Coach Weis and the staff should have an even better recruiting class next season.

Subway Alum - MA

ND Fan Since 1952

Guest shark83
The other guy is Daniel Campbell out of Aldine, he doesnt have an offer yet, but most feel he will committ on the spot if given an offer by ND...

According to his scout profile he already has an offer from the Gators.

Looks like Ubran Cryer will be crying again if we offer this young man :lol: .

Good post HMFIC, but this has been known for a long time now. Buckner has expressed A LOT of early interest in ND and a while ago he had ND as high interest on his Scout profile, but I'm not sure what it says now. Also, he is good friends with Floyd, as they both attended camp at ND over the summer and got to know one another really well. I like our chances with him, and I'm really glad that he's commiting early.

Guest cjlawler

Dan Buckner and Allen High School had a rough Saturday last week, losing in the 5A Div. I state semis to Southlake Carroll, 38-0. Buckner had only 1 catch for 7 yards, but his QB, Nathan Dick, was knocked out early in the game.

Final numbers: 70 rec, 1122 yds, 11 TD.

I'm planning to go see this kid play next year.

For those of us who don't have a lot of info on '08 recruits, would someone mind posting the list of known offers? I see four listed on scout.com:

Kyle Long, OT, Charlottesville, VA

Michael Floyd, WR, St. Paul, MN

Dan Buckner, WR, Allen, TX

Trevor Robinson, OG, Elkhorn, NE

Sounds like people on this board know of others.

Thanks,

Chris

Projected as one of the top 5 OL in the state in ANOTHER deep OL year for Texas: Ben Habern, Stephen Good, JB Shugarts(who has offers from everybody), and Daniel Campbell are all considered Rivals100 quality OL.

Jim Bob Helduser(A&M OL coach) said Habern is the best Center he has EVER seen.

Good is on a loaded Gilmer team and is considered a OU/Texas Lean. Justin Johnson his defensive teammate is considered a top LB/RB prospect and surefire 4*

Justin Johnson might just very well be the #1 RB in '08, he's 5* quality without question I'm told.

As for Justin in Johnson and ND chances, like I said who know? But it's going to be tough to get him away from Texas and OU will be right there was well but when you have a head coach with an offensive mind like Coach Weis then you would think that ND has a good chance to have a chance to get a talent like him.