RON ZOOK'S HEAD COACHING RECORD

Year School Overall Conf.

2002 Florida 8-5 6-2

2003 Florida 8-5 6-2

2004 Florida 7-4 4-4

2005 Illinois 2-9 0-8

2006 Illinois 2-10 1-7

Total 5 years 27-33 17-23

I can't frickin believe that these kids buy into what Zooker is telling them. He had the best talent in the country at Florida and went 23-14. He will never get even close to the same talent at Illinois. Pull your heads out of your butts...the stats don't lie!!!

:roll:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hejduk23

and another thing...

I sure as hell hope the night life in Champaign is awesome because these poor players are going to need to drown their sorrows every weekend... becuase losing sucks!!!

There...I'm done now...have a great day!!! :lol:

Guest nbogan1

great post, everyone forgets what zook did with awesome recruiting classes at florida. Benn thinks that they will be going bowling next year which is funny. i was reading the illinois thread today aout it: http://mb30.scout.com/fillinoisinsiderfrm3.showMessage?topicID=18309.topic

I love reading the illinois board every now and then to get a good laugh especially this post by FIGHTINGILLINI2K7:

"well we lost close games this year thanks to dropped passes and turnovers. i believe we solve those problems and introduce better talent to our team. i see us winning those close games. i see us going 12-0 next year. am i drinking kool aid? no. are you? look at the schedule. the illini should go 12-0. i know they have sucked but next year they will win. it will be hard for most fans to readjust to this new illini program. after we go 12-0 fans will become full of hope and expectations. by the way what are your reasons why they cant go 12-0? go illini!"

Guest shark83

Someone needs to let the Illini faithful know that Top 20 recruiting classes don't automatically equal BCS titles.

NC State's Senior class was ranked 7th in the nation coming out of high school.

Can someone inform me of what BCS game they are playing in?

Couldn't be more right. His talent pool in Florida was incredible (Urban Meyer is using Zook's kids right now), but Zook couldn't coach a newborn how to cry. I know the Illini think such posts are just sour grapes due to ND missing on Benn and likely Tez, but to my Illini opponents, I just want to say that it is more perplexing than sour grapes. Yeah, we'd love to have these players, but ND will do just fine thank you, but we all know that Zook won't be able to do anything with them, and that is the frustrating part. It's like dating a gorgeous blonde with a chastity belt; what's the point? Why are these kids going to Illinois and the land of mediocrity when they could play every friggin Saturday on national T.V. at Notre Dame?? THAT'S what's confusing to us Domers. So, it's not sour grapes; it's absolute bewilderment.

Guest gallup21

nbogan, that was really funny! im dead serious, they think they can go to a BCS bowl in 3 years is hilarious!!! even we werent that bad and we went to a BCS bowl in about 4 or 5 years....someone help me with the Davie era thing?

Why is it always necessary to denegrate other schools? There are plenty of good recruits out there. ND will get its share. I find it amusing/sad that fans from other schools that post on their sites just like Irish fans do on ours, are considered somehow crazy or laughable.

Who gives a *^(%% what they are doing. Either we win or not! Thats all that makes my saturdays in the fall!

Guest Hejduk23

Um, let's see, how should I respond to this...

o.k., here goes...

AAND, we come here to DD to post our thoughts and beliefs. I am not over on another teams boards flaming. I come here to exchange ideas with the gang here on DD. Yes, I am beyond happy when we win on sat, but I also love to follow recruiting. That's me, that's something that I come to the DD "RECRUITING" section to do. If you don't like our posts or find them amusing/sad then...DONT READ THEM!!!

Guest weisforprez
Why is it always necessary to denegrate other schools? There are plenty of good recruits out there. ND will get its share. I find it amusing/sad that fans from other schools that post on their sites just like Irish fans do on ours, are considered somehow crazy or laughable.

Who gives a *^(%% what they are doing. Either we win or not! Thats all that makes my saturdays in the fall!

Welcome to DD AAND. College Football is about having a passion for your team, and some good natured ribbing of the other teams is perfectly acceptable. If I want to call Carroll the poodle thats well within my rights, and frankly all the crap that Illinois fans have been talking deserves some attention. They had 2 wins last year!!!

It's all in good fun AAND, go ahead and join in!!

Alrighty, that's enough! McCray, a Florida boy potentially going to Illinois! If he puts on an Illini hat then by god someone needs to start investigating Zook and the Illini. It's one thing to pull a kid from Chicago (Tez) or even from D.C., but from Florida? To go to a 2-9 yankee team?? Something is more than rotten about this.

I have the right not to respond, but not the ability.

I too love the recruiting news. I tend to come to this board because it has a greater percentage of news vs trash talking.

So . . . just take it as a thought!

Guest gallup21

AAND, i hear ya. I think its good to have a few laughs but i can see what you mean by now theres more off topic, could have to do with the Heisman and bowl selection coming up. I think we all (including myself) should post less off topic stuff here unless its important...i think shark said it earlier a couple weeks ago?