Tez and Hughes?

NDFan3

There is a thread over on IrishEnvy saying that Tez and Hughes have canceled their tOSU trips and are now gonig to Illinois instead. No one in the thread has really given any info. to support this, but if this is true than CW will need to check back in these guys before their announcement to dispell anymore negative recruiting Zook spills out :lol: Has anyone else heard anything about this...TD, broke?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TDJesus3

yea there visiting but you can read that two ways

personally i think its zook knowing he lied to these kids now hes trying to play damage control

hughes has never favored illinois, its always been ND for him

tez was favoring illinois, but hes ND visit changed that so zook is trying to save his class, he told all those recruits he would get tez, he hasnt yet, so he better pray he can flip him back to favoring illinois

and yes everyone should add the signature to there posts that says "BLG is an idiot" he doesnt know anything, either he is trying to flame or hes just clueless

yea there visiting but you can read that two ways

personally i think its zook knowing he lied to these kids now hes trying to play damage control

hughes has never favored illinois, its always been ND for him

tez was favoring illinois, but hes ND visit changed that so zook is trying to save his class, he told all those recruits he would get tez, he hasnt yet, so he better pray he can flip him back to favoring illinois

I am feeling this way too. From the very beginning I felt that both Martez and Robert were connected by friendship and that they would possibly end up together? I came to this opinion from the various articles i've read about them.

Now I am hoping that should they still feel the need to commit together, that our positives outweigh the Illini's...at least in their eyes. IMO, the most difficult part about recruiting Robert and Tez were the negatives that may have been placed in their heads about South Bend in general? But between Coach Weis keeping in contact, and their eventual visit to the banquet...I feel that these negatives have been dispelled.

As for the recruiting...we have done very well so far, and there are more to come. But for some reason both Martez Wilson and Robert Hughes have intrigued me from the start.

OK...I'm confused. What do you come up with negative for Champaign IL. versus South Bend IN. They're both midwestern towns with not a whole lot going on most of the time (I'm from the midwest...so hold off on the anti-midwest bashing..The only kind of place I consider home is anything like the farm in "Field of Dreams/Signs"). Besides SB is closer to Chicago...so isn't that the ND weekend trip for something off-campus? Just sign me the idiot from Iowa.

OK...I'm confused. What do you come up with negative for Champaign IL. versus South Bend IN. They're both midwestern towns with not a whole lot going on most of the time (I'm from the midwest...so hold off on the anti-midwest bashing..The only kind of place I consider home is anything like the farm in "Field of Dreams/Signs"). Besides SB is closer to Chicago...so isn't that the ND weekend trip for something off-campus? Just sign me the idiot from Iowa.

The negatives I am refering to are about the ones regarding South Bend's social life. The ones about our community possibly being racist. Personally I do not find negatives with the mid-west, I have been through some places with the military...but do not know enough to speak of.

If I touched a nerve...sorry. My post may have read wrong?

No nerves touched at all...I didn't write the previous very well.

I don't see race overall as a factor in recruiting. Maybe in some individual case. Even back in the day when there were many less African-American coaches kids often chose the other school. I don't see Karl Dorrell of UCLA out-recruiting Pete Carroll yet.

In the case of Tez and Hughes if either one develops a better relationship with a coach who happens to be African-American on the UL staff then so be it. If it's a personality thing that's fine.

If race by itself is in any way the most important factor for a recruit than he needs to go some place that will work for him. NOT ND.

Guest SirJohn

I'll be with DomeanDomer on that soon we have a project in the works for DD. Still wondering on no rink...something to do long winters till warm enough for the dunes. :D

Guest SirJohn

It did? i went by the article is this ice skate or rollar skate? No small deal her guys reading. We need some "winter" South Bend activities for students. The police raided and closed the boathouse more then once, so a few more places to go. :D

I'll be with DomeanDomer on that soon we have a project in the works for DD. Still wondering on no rink...something to do long winters till warm enough for the dunes. :D

Hey, I just spent 2 hours running in the dunes today.

And what about the karaoke?