New Defensive Coordinator?

Guest WillDomer

I tend to agree with the comments but my biggest issue is not always with the scheming on D but some more fundamental issues. I agree, you cannot coach speed but you CAN coach wrapping up tackling AND you can certainly coach and institute a chuck 'em hard off the line mentality that can throw off timing in a route. With a proper cover two after a sufficient chuck at the line (which is a coaching issue) the lack of speed is potentially not as glaring.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

your right Will. For instance Zibby, not to knock HIM, came in on the fly to knock some guy off his feet. not "wrap him up" The guy bounced away. I do recall a receiver on the other team,... Whan zibby smacked him and same instance nduk. bounced off like billiards ball and that guy scored... wrapemup :cry:

Guest WillDomer

Exactly my recollection as well, Sir John. It's the same mentality that forces the offense of Navy and Air Force to run option and wishbone. You KNOW you will NEVER have O-line behemoths, so, you run wishbone/option/misdirection to negate what you lack. So, we lack speed - COACH other options to make up for that. Moreover, a wrapemup tackle is simply a fundamental. I DO agree that we had a bunch of "converts" to the D side of the ball which means they may not have that ingrained "D" mindset, BUT that's all the MORE reason you at least take care of business with the fundamentals . . .