HEISMAN RACE

Guest SirJohn

Guest SirJohn

I'd say most members know by now that I never have been interested in any 'personal' awards by players. I detest the 'ME' recruits and say so openly.

I left things such as the Heismen chase completely alone until now. That is because while all along I know it is refelected glory on Notre Dame there was until recently, nothing but verbal boasting rights. To me those are just hot air even if pro ND because there was nothing concrete for Notre Dame. I changed due to below.

I want it for Notre Dame.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/YesterdaysNews42/aheismanswideangle-lg1.jpg

[/img]

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troy Smith QB Ohio State 169607 Votes 35 %

Steve Slaton RB West Virginia 133292 Votes 28 %

Chris Leak QB Florida 1092 Votes 0 %

Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame 10933 Votes 2 %

this poll was taken at espn.com. Slaton is the same person who fumbled twice in clutch scenarios against Louisville, in front of a national audience 1 1/2 weeks ago! TWICE IN A ROW!!! Contributing directly to the loss!

Troy Smith IMO is overrated!

large reason he gets the attention he does is because his team is #1 in the rankings, but thats not just because of him, hes not the reason their team is undefeated. people dont even care to look at the stats, damn!

be nice to know why they even have Chris Leak in the discusion. he only has 18 TD and 11 INT. have a seat Mr Leak.

brady quinn is catching up to troy smith. smith is still way out in front but a win vs USC and a michigan win could put quinn at the top.

i love those banners and would love to see BQ up there. does anyone know if they have put a banner of jeff samardzija up yet. since he was an 1st team AA last year he will be getting a banner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman06/index

Guest SirJohn
:D I like the banners it's that Big replica Heisman trophy I want. Impressive in those arches.It's got to make anyone, any potential recruit know he's on hallowed ground. :D Be in the back of mind of any opponent too. It was a great idea adding those to the stadium last year. Great idea and job by all concerned

IMO BQ needs to have one hell of a game against army.I mean CW needs to let BQ throw about 6 td's before pulling him at the end of the game.That might help get closer to Troy Smith.Then maybe Troy Smith will have a bad day against Mich.Then the falling week against USC,maybe BQ will have a great game against a great team and pull out the win.

who votes for the heisman?

i know previous winners get a vote, but who else? just sports writers?

do coaches send out any tape of the players from their team that are in the running? maybe Weis would send game highlights of Quinn to people that are voting as in campaining?

If people say that Troy smith is the "sure fire" heisman winner...then they are basically saying that if they could put a college football team togehter with current players, they would pick troy smith to build their team around. Um...really, really? I can't believe that. His team is winning despite him not because of him.