OL Taylor Dever

“My head coach asked me what my dream school was and I said, ‘Notre Dame’,” Dever explained. “He said that he’d get on top of that and send them film. It was about two weeks ago when I first talked to coach Polian and things have gone from there.

“Coach Weis is an upfront guy, he’s not one that’s’ going to lead you on. He’s going to be upfront and that‘s something that I totally respect in a coach. The tradition, the legacy of Notre Dame, and the heritage of the school is amazing.

“I’m trying to stay level headed,” Dever said. “I grew up watching Notre Dame. It’s a school that I like without ever visiting. My family is Catholic, although that’s not a main concern. I’d like to get out there and meet the coaches and see what Notre Dame is all about.”

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

“My head coach asked me what my dream school was and I said, ‘Notre Dame’,” Dever explained. “He said that he’d get on top of that and send them film. It was about two weeks ago when I first talked to coach Polian and things have gone from there.

“Coach Weis is an upfront guy, he’s not one that’s’ going to lead you on. He’s going to be upfront and that‘s something that I totally respect in a coach. The tradition, the legacy of Notre Dame, and the heritage of the school is amazing.

“I’m trying to stay level headed,” Dever said. “I grew up watching Notre Dame. It’s a school that I like without ever visiting. My family is Catholic, although that’s not a main concern. I’d like to get out there and meet the coaches and see what Notre Dame is all about.”

Is Taylor a JR or Sr.?Do we any stats on this guy.Sounds like a good kid.

Photo Gallery

Offensive tackle

Nevada City (CA) Nevada Union

Ht: 6-foot-6 (Event)

Wt: 289 lbs

Forty: 5.94 secs

Bench reps: 8

Vertical: 20 inches

Shuttle: 5 secs

GPA: 3.3

Class: 2007 (High School)

Rivals.com Rating: 5.3 (About)

Position Ranking: NR

Highlight Videos [more]

Video clip 1

The Latest: Dever is a hot topic — 10/30/2006

Nevada City (Calif.) Nevada Union offensive tackle Taylor Dever continues to heat up in recruiting circles, and there's now 10 offers on the table for arguably the Golden State's hottest prospect. The 6-foot-6,...[details]

Updates College Choices Videos Bio

Way to dig for info, GWood. We do need to sign at least two more OTs in this class. Romine makes one, and, hopefully, Chris Little will be the other. If Little drops off, we may be interested in a player like Dever, but I will be surprised if that happens.

Guest VagasFerguson44

He'd get beat every time by the fat lady at the carnival with that kind of 40. Must have been a miss print. At 6'6" and 290 you should have your weight spread out enough to run better than that.

I assure you that if that 40 is accurate, he will not be playing major D-1 ball anytime soon.

Guest VagasFerguson44
Miami has recently offered the kid and he's been invited up to Oregon by the coaching staff so they can offer him if they like what they see. If you look at some Rivals combine info, disreguard it... he was sick when he participated. He apparently looks great on film.

This quote from Svoboda at IEnvy puts some of my fear to rest. It looks like this kid may be a player.

Miami has recently offered the kid and he's been invited up to Oregon by the coaching staff so they can offer him if they like what they see. If you look at some Rivals combine info, disreguard it... he was sick when he participated. He apparently looks great on film.

This quote from Svoboda at IEnvy puts some of my fear to rest. It looks like this kid may be a player.

“My head coach asked me what my dream school was and I said, ‘Notre Dame’,” Dever explained. “He said that he’d get on top of that and send them film. It was about two weeks ago when I first talked to coach Polian and things have gone from there."

And Vagas with Dever first love is ND and now ND is starting to get into the picture.wIll have to see what happens.Things sound good about this kid.

Guest NDLawJAG

Not to mention Dan Santucci.... He was not highly rated but he has started ahead of some much more highly recruited players. I'm not sure he is ready to be a starter but he could be a developmental project.

As far as OL goes, do not forget the kid that was a starter at North western but is walking on at ND. He is going to eligible next season I believe.

Guest Kgreene2343

Well, maybe he has a lot of potential, people just can't see it because he's weak. I'm sure if Charlie sees that he will get an offer, then Mendoza gets another slave.