Jahvid Best?

Guest AtlantaIrish

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dangeruss, i agree with him not being as impressive but i think there are two good reasons.

1.) he's a lot smaller

2.) he's a freshman (i know aldridge is too, but he was a rated a 5 star b/c he would be college ready)

i think the poodle and weis knew that prince would take longer to develop b/c he needs to put on some serious muscle, but you can't teach speed like that. weis himself said prince was as fast if not faster than any running back he'd ever seen.

This year, I'm a bit surprised that we're striking out on RBs, but I have three ideas why. First off, our offense seems like a pass first type offense.

Second, whoever comes in will have Aldridge and Prince right in front of them.

Third, many off the best HS running backs this year will not have the grades/class/scores academically to come to ND. Hughes needs to improve to get a full offer, as does Caleb King. Allen wasn't good enough academically to be an EE, and that hurt us with him. Kids like Devine might not even qualify, etc.

I think your third reason may be the biggest one. USC has a stable of RB's, but it doesn't seem to stop the likes of a Tyler from committing. And Urban Meyer's offense is non-too-kind to RB's, but it seems AA is ponying up to the table to be in Meyer's coral. Grades, and the fact that you actually have to go to class, may be the reason that many of these high school RB studs don't want ND. I dunno, but I do know it's frustrating, especially given play time DW has been given by Weis. You'd think that would be attractive to an RB. What's going on with Luke Schmidt?

Guest weisforprez
We got two stud RBs last year. Aldridge was a 5 star, Prince I think only a 3 star, but Poodle was after him, so he must've been good.

so far i've been impressed with JA but i haven't been as pleased with MP as much. is it me or does MP get taken down easy.

I think MP's future in the offense is a 3rd down back. Catching the ball out of the backfield, going in motion to be the slot receiver....I think once he gets a bit older and works on that more Weis will be using him quite a bit. I just can't wait till Aldridge gets a year or two behind him, he is going to be fantastic. Better than Julius Jones.

I just can't wait till Aldridge gets a year or two behind him, he is going to be fantastic. Better than Julius Jones.

i think JA will be a real nice RB, he's got power, he hits the hole hard and he has good speed. but he is not better then JJ or at least i don't think he will. JJ had it all (except catching the ball), he had increadabel vision, amazing speed (ran a high 4.3).

Yeah...I second that motion...JA is not as shifty as Jules. You can see that from the little bit of action he has seen, but they both seem to have the fragility issue as far as injuries. Hopefully, JAs is just something that needed a little more time to heal than HS sports allowed him. But, yeah, Julius was a stud in a different way from JA.

Guest weisforprez

Well time will tell. I think JA has the potential to be as good or better than Julius Jones. You're not a top 30 player coming out of high school if you don't have the potential to be an elite back.

That said JJ was great, so Aldridge has a long way to go. As a freshman though he's already showing signs of getting better, and by next year he will be vying for time with DW.

JA is a more physical back than JJ. You don't need to be shifty when you're running guys over.

i heard he plans on trying to enter the draft this year since there's nothing left to accomplish on the collegiate level. he's already better than julius and thomas jones put together.

patience kids.

Guest weisforprez
JA is a more physical back than JJ. You don't need to be shifty when you're running guys over.

i heard he plans on trying to enter the draft this year since there's nothing left to accomplish on the collegiate level. he's already better than julius and thomas jones put together.

patience kids.

Haha, are you serious? Nice to meet you tchris, I appreciate your input. I had no idea noting that one guy is more physical than the other was showing a lack of patience.

Guest NDLawJAG

I think that Weis use primarily one back hurts recruiting RBs this year as well. Weis likes to have one guy. PC may have more backs but all of them see playing time. With DW back next year alot of RB recruits that want instant playing time will shy away. Next year, I think there will be alot more interest from RB that want to come in and play right away.

patience kids.

Haha, are you serious? Nice to meet you tchris, I appreciate your input. I had no idea noting that one guy is more physical than the other was showing a lack of patience.

i think i chose the wrong post to quote.

Guest weisforprez

They posted today on Rivals the video of this kid. He is REALLY fast, and makes cuts really well. To me, getting him and Hughes would be huge for us.

What kind of chance do we have with this kid. I know TD said the talk of an Oregon silent died down, but is he visiting ND?

Guest weisforprez
right now i feel that ND has a better shot with armando allen then they do with best.

I assumed that because Allen is announcing with his buddy who is a Florida lock that Allen was a Gator.