Joe McKnight

Heather (Chicago): I know it's early Tom, but a girl's got a busy Wednesday so I figure I'd get my question in now. I'm a huge Notre Dame fan and I wanted to know what the chances of my Irish landing Joe McKnight are? Tell me he's not staying home or going to SC to be the next Reggie. At the very least, does he have any favorites and how would ND use him? Thanks.

Tom Luginbill: The chances are good right now because they seem to be among his final schools. Is their chance better then others? Tough to say right now because he has not officially visited any schools yet and will not till his season is over. Truthfully LSU is always tough to beat for in-state kids and the Reggie Bush talk will be intriguing for him I am sure. So ND has their work cut out for them. How would they use him? the same way everybody else would. Put him wherever they can get the ball in his hands.

I'm pretty sure Weis has bigger plans for this kid than to just use him as an everyday receiver. My guess is, he'd line him up in the backfield - sometimes give him carries - sometimes move him motion to a WR slot...

I'll bet Weis filled this kid's mind with possibilities, which is why he continues to consider ND

Guest Kgreene2343
this may not mean much, but ND is listed as his No. 1 on the ESPN 150 list

Is it just because ND is ahead of LSU and USC alphabetically, and he has us all the same?

Guest The Army Awakens

McKnight would be the perfect guy for Weis offense... And Notre Dame will have a better shot than most think... I think we get caught up in what reporters report... The staff has put in an effort in recruiting this year that we will see partially this year but reap the rewards the next... I do believe though that we will get five guys that at any point were told we have absolutely no shot at... Any place can feel like Vegas or South Beach when you win national title after national title... Sure USC, Texas, and Florida are gonna get who they get but the days of Pete Carroll and others recruiting like a draft are over... Even Mack will have to make a decision, stick with Texas and lose out on some or loosen the pressure reigns of committing without seeing other schools... Trust me Notre Dame will have a top five class... I think it matters to prospects that they are told the truth on everything, school, playing, recruiting, social life, etc...

But my man Joe will be wearing blue and gold when he puts that adidas hat on in the All-American game... Just like a few others...

this may not mean much, but ND is listed as his No. 1 on the ESPN 150 list

do you have a link?

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/espn150?season=2007&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fespn150%3fseason%3d2007

I hope that works. It's a lot of crap really just to get you to the list of the 150.

And those are not listed alphabetically, I was checking other recruits lists and they seem to be fairly close to what we've been reporting.