Jump to content

Aiden Gobaira and Tyson Ford - Medical Scholarship


1Redrum

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, brian_nd88 said:

Does this mean that the both are not available for the the 2024 season, but in theory, could play for the Irish in a future season?  

they cannot...

  • Heart 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, brian_nd88 said:

Does this mean that the both are not available for the the 2024 season, but in theory, could play for the Irish in a future season?  

They could play for another team, but being put on medical means the school believes you are unfit to play football for whatever reason and can no longer play for that team. There was a TE a couple years ago that was put on medical by ND, then transferred to a school like BC I think and was able to pass their physical.

They cannot use it as an Injured Reserve List essentially.

  • Heart 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

They could play for another team, but being put on medical means the school believes you are unfit to play football for whatever reason and can no longer play for that team. There was a TE a couple years ago that was put on medical by ND, then transferred to a school like BC I think and was able to pass their physical.

They cannot use it as an Injured Reserve List essentially.

Joey Tanona is a more recent example. Originally thought his career was over due to auto accident (not his fault BTW) but has recovered and will play for Purdue this season.

  • Heart 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Joey Tanona is a more recent example. Originally thought his career was over due to auto accident (not his fault BTW) but has recovered and will play for Purdue this season.

That is who I was thinking of! Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...