Talked with a guy who i know is connected to Illinois

Guest TDJesus3

Guest TDJesus3

I have no idea what to make of this, i flat out told him there was no way I could believe what he told me, but i know he has good info and i know he has connections to the coaching staff

he is convinced Illinois will land Martez Wilson

he also told me that if Robert Hughes does not qualify for ND he will be following him to Illinois

lastly he said that Benn has not given a verbal to Illinois but that he feels like right now its Illinois's to lose

he also believes that Marvin Austin is a realistic possiblity

I know this guy well and i argued with him for awhile, take this for what its worth i thought i would just pass this on

personally i think Hughes will get into ND, I think Benn is still a silent, and while i feel good about Tez he has me a little waivering on that

i guess we will see

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kramer116

I could see the Illinois connection... a few people from Simeon that will be at Illinois next year because of Tez I'd bet. Anyway, if that is the case, then these kids are idiots. Illinois is a joke and Zook is a joke. We need tez big time and we need hughes big time.

Guest ndmike2003

How close to qualifying is Hughes?

As for Martez and Benn, if they choose Illinois, I can confidently say that I didn't want either of them.

Guest TDJesus3

Hughes had to take two course which seems certain he is passing just fine

he also has to move his act score up a point, and has scheduled a retake or maybe even taken it already, so basically he is very close

Guest The Army Awakens

Tell those recruits to watch the Florida Mississippi State game the week before he was fired. They had absolutely the better talent with Leak and co. and they still loss in Starkville to a team that 3-8. And that just proves my theory that if Wilson decides he wants to go to IL. He won't be the last but I still feel that Chicago is a ND stompin ground and will still continue to have for those Chicago recruits

Guest NDLawJAG

Although I do not want to lose any of the players that are between ND and Ill. (Benn, Wilson, Hughes), I would like Ill to end up with some real good recruits (Austin). Then I will watch as Zook fails with them. Quicker this happens the quicker Ill is eliminated as competition for Chicago kids.

Zook can recruit! Don't underestimate him in this regard. The kids know they will start early.

Don't forget that Urban is winning with Zooks players :lol:

doesnt that make things look worse for Zook? Meyer is winning using Zook's players that Zook's couldnt win with. sure Zook can recruit, but apparently he cant coach. i havnt really been following them this season, but he is only 2-6.

Guest shark83
I have no idea what to make of this, i flat out told him there was no way I could believe what he told me, but i know he has good info and i know he has connections to the coaching staff

he is convinced Illinois will land Martez Wilson

he also told me that if Robert Hughes does not qualify for ND he will be following him to Illinois

lastly he said that Benn has not given a verbal to Illinois but that he feels like right now its Illinois's to lose

he also believes that Marvin Austin is a realistic possiblity

I know this guy well and i argued with him for awhile, take this for what its worth i thought i would just pass this on

personally i think Hughes will get into ND, I think Benn is still a silent, and while i feel good about Tez he has me a little waivering on that

i guess we will see

TD, tell ur Illini buddy to put down the Orange and Blue kool-aid lol. He must be one of the posters over in the football forum on Illinois' scout site. Illinois landing all four of those kids, haha, thats pretty funny if you ask me lol.

If by some small, and I mean small chance that Illinois ends up with those guys, then Ron Zook is the man and the best recruiter in the country (did I just say that?). What is Benn's connection to Illinois? One of his former teamates plays there? BIG DEAL. Benn, Tez, and Hughes are all three very important members of our class, and we really need them....my guess is that they are still Irish, but I would LOVE to see Austin go there instead of USC!!

Don't worry guys.......Austin is headed to USC, not Illinois. Can't comment on those other kids though.

Yeah, that's my impression as well. Can't remember where I read that, but Austin loved his USC visit. The jest of the article was that he was all Trojan. :evil: :evil:

Guest JerseyDomer

OK, there's info from B&G on a thread regarding Illinois and its recruitng " tactics ".

The first poster is one with 2,000+ and basically states that his sister went there in the early 80's who says he knows for a fact the $$$ was being funnelled thru then thru 1st national bank in Watseka-he claims his home town. he says he had a family member who worked for an orthodontist who helped with a lot of this

the 2nd poster post goes as follows: His brother is at illinois now. Apparently, even though everyone is very worried, according to the "boots on the ground" point of view, UofI has actually been LOOSING many recruits because many ultra-liberal faculty members have taken it upon themselves to personally write letters to some of the recruits telling them not to attend the school because it is full of close-minded bigots (in reference to the schools refusal to get rid of the Chief.) I am not saying the letters are completely effective, but apparently they have been effective enough to scare off at least some of the recruits.

the 3rd who's 1000+ deep post wise states: heard a recruit's mother was offered some special treatment if her son goes there. Its a rumor so doesn't want to spread any details, especially since there is a really good chance this kid ends up being part of the family, but there's a fair amount of buzz regarding Zook not being legit when it comes to following the rules

I just figured I'd throw this out there for you here and take it for what it's worth. Heck, maybe possibly asked around to anyone in the " know " and kinda read their reaction to this.

We've all been shakin our heads tryin to figure out the lure to Illinois. Granted Zook might be an excellent recruiter, but what's the product he's selling? Illinois football?

Guest TDJesus3

the 3rd person's rumor, I can clarify because I have heard a similar thing.

I have heard from multiple places, and im sure others have heard this also, its been on about every board at some point

the speculation is that Benn's mother has been offered a job, if Benn commits to Illinois. most people seem to beleive this is true, im not sure, but i could see it being the case. Everyone who knows "juice" williams says that in high school he was exteremely poor and his family basically has no money. However, today he drives a very nice car with some expensive rims, he has tons of nice jewlery and basically an entire new wardrobe, this is the what people on the illinois campus say they see all the time.

I have no idea, personally i know this crap is a part of college football we see examples of it all the time, it makes me sick that this stuff goes on anywhere, and if thats the case at illinois then thats sad, personally i dont know if its the case or not, but i am not nieve enough to think that this stuff doesnt go on. Lets just hope these kids are smart enough not to be apart of this stuff, just look at Bomar, junk like this can ruin a kids promising career.

It seems that if anything funny was going on in any college program, then it would be done through a booster club and not the coach or representatives of the college. What coach on earth could trust a recruit with such inflammatory information as cash incentives, or cars, or homes for family? It would be suicide. Hell, you saw what that kid from Clemson said about ND recruiting tactics. Of course Charlie blew that right out of the water and the kid retracted his statement, but you see what I mean. If you offer a kid something clearly illegal, and then he commits to another team, he's very likely to share the illegal offer with anyone who asks. I'm not saying that all colleges are clean, I think we know better, but I believe it to be much more covert (booster clubs, alumni, etc) just so that the coaches and schools themselves can keep their hands clean. I can't see Zook being hands-on involved (too big of a risk), but Illini alumni? In a heart beat!