A quote from Benn. You're welcome

Rockne3d

This should put out the fires that are in some of your minds. Here is a quote from Benn, that I promptly stole from an II poster:

“Notre Dame really doesn’t really have anything to overcome,” explained Benn. “...etc... I just want to keep my eyes open. There isn’t any pressure for me to commit, so I’m going to take my time.”

Once again, Broker comes through. Thanks for stealing....I mean posting this for us :-)

Some way, some how. Rain, sleet or snow. Beg, steal, cheat or borrow. We'll get the news/rumor to the DD.

You're like the post office!

Guest JerseyDomer
Some way, some how. Rain, sleet or snow. Beg, steal, cheat or borrow. We'll get the news/rumor to the DD.

I say we adopt this as the new DD motto.

I second that!!

Got my vote!

Thanks Broke!

Guest ctsubalum

Hey Paisan, going to see Rocky? Great Freakin movie! I don't wanna ruin it for ya but...Sly wins this one...Ya know you can really do that...See that moolie over there? He's 6-7, i'm 5-2..but i'm italian..watch this..lol

seriously, Paisan, that quote from Benn is about a week or so old. It's a good sign.

Maybe a stupid question or I could just be paranoid, but how recent is that quote broke? And what was the question being asked of Benn specifically...

Paisan, good question. Actually, someone else asked the guy who had posted that question on II. I have not seen the answer yet.

I agree it's a good sign, I think Benn is Irish, but I have to admit him dragging it out has made me wonder how much of a lock he truly is, although I thought FSU was far more of a threat than Illinois, until last night that is...

Some guy on the Scout Illini board stated that JeffJ (Illinois Rivals recruiting guru and moderator) is claiming Benn as 70/30 to the Illini, which is why I asked how old the quote was...

Yes, I have seen every Rocky, Rocky 4 being my fave, nothing better than when he knocks out Drago and gives an inspiring world peace speech to the russian crowd.

Rocky: I'm seeing three of 'em

Paulie: Hit the one in the middle

Guest ctsubalum

Paisan, that was a quote from Eddie Murphy's "Raw" the funniest comedy scene ever. He's talking about us italians thinking we can beat up anyone because Rocky did it. Me and an African American buddy of mine recite lines from that movie to each other at work every day. I love that movie/comedy routine.

Guest ctsubalum

Also, FSU getting beat last night added to their lack of a young quality QB really puts them at a disadvantage. Juice Williams and Jimmy Clausen are at the center of this war. Benn wants to play with a young stud QB. I really think Weis, ND tradition, this years/last years recruiting classes wins this for ND. Illinois has a long way to go to be decent. ND is on National TV every week and has a coach with 3 super bowl rings. Should be a no brainer.

Yeah, I was wondering where that was from, sounded familiar but couldn't put my finger on it. Raw is hilarious, haven't seen it in years though.

And Eddie is right, there are those Italians (especially Italians from NYC)that think they can take anybody no matter how overmatched they are, I have a few old buddies that were the epitomy of that joke when we were younger, and of course where did they grow up, Brooklyn.

I agree on Juice and Clausen, I think Juice may be the attraction to Illinois for Benn, plus the DC connection the coaches have. did anyone see he supposedly said he thought they were only 3 years away from a NC?

I thought that was a pretty crazy quote from Benn

Guest ctsubalum

I didn't hear that quote. I still believe he is keeping Ill around as a favor. He wanted to commit to ND but promised to visit ILL. I'm not sure where the loyalty to Ill comes from but there seems to be some there. They are not 3 years away from a NC. If Football had the NIT like BB they might be 3 years away from that title.

“Notre Dame really doesn’t really have anything to overcome,” explained Benn. “...etc... I just want to keep my eyes open. There isn’t any pressure for me to commit, so I’m going to take my time.”

i dont know alot about recruiting and such, and i guess ill be more satisfied if/when he actually becomes official, but to me this quote doesnt exactly scream he is Irish.

"I just want to keep my eyes open." ..what is he keeping his eyes open for? what is he looking for? if he is keeping his eyes open then wouldnt that mean he is looking for something else to happen to help him make up his mind?

"There isn’t any pressure for me to commit, so I’m going to take my time." IF he was sure on the Irish, then why is he going to take his time?

if he has allready decided on ND in his mind but just doesnt want to announce it yet, then i dont mind waiting.. im just not sure to me this quote screams he is Irish. the rest of what he said would also be helpful and not knowing that maybe im just paranoid

Guest TDJesus3

hey paisan and anyone else

i mean this with all sincerity

those illini writers and moderators are out of there mind

the irish rivals guys when asked about that 70-30 quote from the Illini guys basically started laughing

Pete Sampson said that they get along with all the other schools rivals writers but the Illini guys are basically out of there minds

in all honesty the illini boards are not a credible source of information, when your mods are crazy then you have serious problems

nice quote find broke, everyone relax on Benn, the announcement will come hes just having his fun and charlie is not bothered at all, trust me when he says theres no pressure to commit what he means is charlie is ok with me doing this right now

since charlie is ok with it all of us should be ok with it

and the illini writers are not credible sources, remember that