New Benn article

Guest Shamrock83

Guest Shamrock83

a new article on Rivals describes how Benn's visit to Illinois has shaken everything up recruiting wise

He seems to have had a good time and felt very comfortable.... He now says he is unsure about everything and wants to relax for a few weeks before getting back into things

He was asked to name a leader and he said "Honestly, I don't know," he said. "This visit has mixed everything up."

He is also thinking about taking more visits

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st - I am with you TD. This is the last time I look at this particular thread. Benn is Irish....period.

2nd - Danger, you need to show some faith in your team (you are an ND fan...right?). If you really want to continually post how bad you think ND is, why don't you join the opposing teams boards? I know there are issues to fix on O, but I believe last week was the jumpstart. We have already played the toughest part of our schedule and came out a little muddy but we survived. ND now has a favorable schedule and gets the chance to work out the bugs. By the time ND rolls into USC, you will see a drastically different team than what you saw on the field the first 4 weeks.

2nd - Danger, you need to show some faith in your team (you are an ND fan...right?). If you really want to continually post how bad you think ND is, why don't you join the opposing teams boards? I know there are issues to fix on O, but I believe last week was the jumpstart. We have already played the toughest part of our schedule and came out a little muddy but we survived. ND now has a favorable schedule and gets the chance to work out the bugs. By the time ND rolls into USC, you will see a drastically different team than what you saw on the field the first 4 weeks.

im sorry that im not falling in line with the rest and saying how great ND is, i love ND but there are major issues with this offense. the reason i post how bad ND is, is because it's been four weeks now and their's been zero improvement with the offense. i think the MSU game may have given ND some momentum heading into the PU game. i also think that NDs offense will start to turn around and put up big numbers, some of that will be due to better play but it will mostly happen because of the level of compotition we'll be playing won't be very high. i'll put faith in ND when they start showing it on the field.

This year should not mean squat to Benn or any other prospect. Our offence will be new next year. So will the D. We have so many kids leaving I can not understand why you would not want to come to ND. A chance to start as a freshman and play for Weis..... Sign me up!

Hey OD & guys I posted over in GENERAL (The Dog ate my Homework) on Freshmen playing time. Anyone here keep track? That's perhaps the easiest part but my real loss is personal notes on those who I felt could really make a difference in 2007. Sort of having all the bandages ready for future bleeding.

EdIted this with an ( & ) between OD and guys looked like Odd guys at first. :lol:

Guest bluester2000

I'll say this. Benn is smart enough to recognize that our offensive problems are really more of a result of a very average offensive line (despite the great play of Ryan Harris, and the good play of John Sullivan). The comeback showed that when Quinn has a bit of time he's lethal. He's also smart enough to realize that Charlie went CRAZY last year recruiting linemen and should have nearly as good of an offensive line class this year.

Meaning by the time Benn is ready to shine (sophomore, junior, senior years) this offensive line will be quite veteran and extremely talented.

Perhaps this the work of CW. In light of all of the recent articles about Benn being a silent to us, maybe CW told him to give the report that he is still wide open. Sounds possible, I'm sure Weis wants the commitment of the #1 WR in the country to have an impact and be somewhat of a surprise or he would have already told him to make it official.