JA to get first team reps

Guest TDJesus3

Guest TDJesus3

According to coach Weis JA will be getting first team reps this week

wow isnt that interesting

all i am going to say is that he is fine, the "problem" as we will call it has been resolved and i think its time that JA will start making a name for himself here at ND

watch out guys, he now has 7 games against weaker D's to make up for lost time, i really think you will see him shine

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding combination of power, balance and speed. Shows soft hands while running routes out of the backfield. Durable enough to be an every down back in college. Super vision that enables him to see the cut-back lanes. Won't go down on first contact. Runs with square pads and breaks arm tackles.

That is from his Scout profile. JA was obviously a highly touted RB who received offers from many good programs such as OSU, but he is only listed at 4.6 in the forty. Does anyone know whether or not that is an accurate stat? I know game speed is different from the forty, but I' m just curious.

Aldridge was upgraded to either a 4.45 or a 4.49 forty I do believe! Not alot of difference between the two times. He is a bigger back with speed that can and will handle the load! I believe Charlie is completely sincere about playing the freshman ala Sam Young and if he told Aldridge that if he was good enough that he would see the field this year if he came to ND,he is merely keeping his promise!

Obviously Aldridge showed enough for Weis to have this kind of faith in him. I have been waiting for this since the season started. I am stoked to see this kid play.

Guest Kgreene2343
you could have barry sanders back there and it wont matter until our line starts to play up to its potential.

That's not true at all, Detroit's line sucked while Barry was there. But point taken.

Guest TDJesus3

forever, point taken about the line, but against the likes of purdue and the rest of our schedule excluding SC, our line will be alot better

however, i think you will be very impressed with aldridge's speed, i kid you not this kid is the entire package

he is going to make a huge impact at ND, mark my word

Maybe DW just isn't meant to be the featured back. Sure he can handle the bulk of the touches, but up until this JA thing he's had to take pretty much every carry on his own, except for TT in the PSU game. With JA to take a couple carries off his hands maybe it will make the difference.

Guest TDJesus3

i think he provides a different compliment to DW, i don't think he takes DW's job

but he is going to provide you what TT provided you before, a very nice change of pace who will work extremely hard, and will run by and over people

i really think a compliment like this will let DW find his niche and produce more in his way

When we need speed (turning the corner on an outside run) we have Prince. Aldridge seems the answer for taking it right up the middle. In reference to speed, I still shudder when I see MSU's #30 (the guy with the huge ass from Liberia) get the ball. There's no way that guy runs anywhere near a 4.5, yet he was incredible due to his size and strength. As we all know, Zibby bounced off of this guy more than once, so I'm not too concerned with JA's speed. I think JA is faster than fat ass from MSU, and more agile, but still has the strength to take it to linebackers who get in his way. I can't wait to see him.