Lou Holtz and espn part ways

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN should complete the shake up and get rid of May.
It's going to be weird seeing him without Holtz there. Those 2 really were fun together to watch. Also, Rece Davis is replacing Chris Fowler as host of gameday. Hope he does well. Will miss Fowler and felt he did a great job.

From what I've read, this is a retirement.

Lou has said he has tried to leave 3-4 times, but ESPN kept getting him to come back.

Richard Deitsch, who is essentially the best in terms of monitoring media staff, announcements, and companies, made it clear this was very much a mutual agreement. Holtz has wanted to retire for years, and ESPN convinced him to stay. Then, with Rece Davis heading to the main desk, and the Holtz/May shtick reaching it's end, it seemed like a perfect time to allow him to ride off into the sunset, as he's wished for.

Sounds like he's going to do more speaking engagements, see his son coach more, and might spend more time at ND, now. All in all, a good thing.

Hopefully Corso is next. You can tell his mind is still sharp, but his speech limitations are getting the best of him. I'd like to see him retire with grace instead of hang on until it's all but impossible to understand him.

Hopefully Corso is next. You can tell his mind is still sharp, but his speech limitations are getting the best of him. I'd like to see him retire with grace instead of hang on until it's all but impossible to understand him.

I'd imagine we'll see a LOT of changes on Gameday, and as a result, the rest of the ESPN properties over the next year with Fowler moving on.

I'd also like to see guys like Jesse Palmer and David Pollack have to work their way up and EARN spots of prominence instead of just being handed one. I'd still also like to see Rocket get his rightful spot back and dump Desmond out of his chair.

Tom Rinaldi's great in his role, and I would like truly in-depth coverage. It'd be great to have former coaches, or maybe even coaches on bye weeks, pre-game to analyze teams and games in depth, much like they had the room of coaches during the national championship game to broadcast and analyze in depth live. It'd be nice if there was truly more football education than just "rah-rah" replays.