Jewell Lloyd to draft??

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe she thinks she can ride all the accolades to the top of the draft and maybe a slightly better pay day. I don't know, I don't follow the WNBA at all.

I don't like the move because I like to see kids graduate and she really didn't play well towards the end of the tournament. She also strikes me as pretty slight of build but again, I don't know what the norm is in the WNBA.

It's her life and if she thinks this is what's best for her, good luck.

I don't think this is about playing in the WNBA as much as being able to play overseas. At least I hope not. If she is just going to play in WNBA, then I think what is the point. If she will play overseas as well, then it makes sense.

League minimum is 37,000 Maximum with 6 yrs. experience 107,000

Playing overseas after WNBA season the women can make at least double that. Dianna Turassi (SP) is sitting out this yrs. WNBA season because her Russian team made a deal with her and is paying her more than her WNBA salary so she can rest this summer. This is on top of what they are already paying her.

Griner makes 600,000 a yr. with her China team. Taurasi makes 1.5 million a yr. with her Russian team. This is certainly not NBA money but much more than Lloyd would see in any other profession and I'm sure she is not far from a degree for life after ball.

It does suck because I thought they could win next yr. and I know Lloyd is a competitor. That is what baffles me a little.

Edited by Domers23

I don't think this is about playing in the WNBA as much as being able to play overseas. At least I hope not. If she is just going to play in WNBA, then I think what is the point. If she will play overseas as well, then it makes sense.

Playing overseas after WNBA season the women can make at least double that. Dianna Turassi (SP) is sitting out this yrs. WNBA season because her Russian team made a deal with her and is paying her more than her WNBA salary so she can rest this summer. This is on top of what they are already paying her.

Griner makes 600,000 a yr. with her China team. Taurasi makes 1.5 million a yr. with her Russian team. This is certainly not NBA money but much more than Lloyd would see in any other profession and I'm sure she is not far from a degree for life after ball.

It does suck because I thought they could win next yr. and I know Lloyd is a competitor. That is what baffles me a little.

she'll make 40,000 to start in the US.....she'll make more overseas, but she will absolutely hate it over there...good luck to her.....

I didn't even know the women could leave early. Now I guess I know why most don't even consider it. You might as well get that degree.

I just don't see the WNBA getting a whole lot more popular...Women's B Ball is just so hard to watch.. Nothing personal, but watching those 6 missed layups and a jumper in the paint by ND in the finals was enough for me to wanna watch reruns of the Sopranos...Sorry, it's just really bad basketball......

I didn't even know the women could leave early. Now I guess I know why most don't even consider it. You might as well get that degree.

Here is what I found

The WNBA has strict rules about who may leave school early for the draft. Loyd is eligible because she will turn 22 during the calendar year of the draft.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/article17906324.html#storylink=cpy

Also, as mentioned above, the WNBA is NOT highpaying, but they can make millions overseas in the offseason. For most, the WNBA is the offseason

Here is what I found

Also, as mentioned above, the WNBA is NOT highpaying, but they can make millions overseas in the offseason. For most, the WNBA is the offseason

How many make millions though? Maybe 1 or 3, who are the greatest in the women's game? I don't think she is in that league.

Here is what I found

thats funny....if I were gonna potentially make millions overseas. why risk injury in the WNBA off season??

They can still win next year. Jewell at times hurt us with so many forced shots. Three All American guards coming in. Turner and Reimer to step it up next year. 2017 is the year on paper when Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson all leave UConn.

I just don't see the WNBA getting a whole lot more popular...Women's B Ball is just so hard to watch.. Nothing personal, but watching those 6 missed layups and a jumper in the paint by ND in the finals was enough for me to wanna watch reruns of the Sopranos...Sorry, it's just really bad basketball......

#waronwomen

Wow, that sucks, this team could have been a bridesmaid again next year. Probably not so much now after losing their best player.

LOL, thank you for pointing out the bridesmaid / bride thing, that is exactly what I was thinking as I watched another season end as expected.

I hate that you had to add sorry to the end of your post !!! I agree though and I am sorry to say it too. Women's basketball is really, really hard to watch.

I feel like women's pro tennis players, marathon runners, and average to good soccer players would destroy me!!

As for WNBA /college B-ball players.. yeah not so much