Will he stay or go?

I was reading an article today about Everett's journey to his current situation. His time here has been somewhat rocky other than the 2012 season. He graduates in May and then will have an opportunity to transfer without sitting out. With all that he has been through with the school, I have a premonition that he will be transferring after he graduates. I am sure that BK would prefer he stay for the obvious reasons and has assured him the opportunity to start if he does the right things and makes the right improvements ... blah.. blah.. That being said, I see him leaving all the same. It is in the tea leaves. What say you?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he leaves...

I can't tolerate the disrespect he often showed our head coach...I can't tolerate the turnovers and lack of protecting the ball...I can't tolerate the dog-fu(k of an effort he displayed chasing after yet another one of his turnovers...see ya...thanks for being part of the excitement of 2012...

I hope he leaves...

I can't tolerate the disrespect he often showed our head coach...I can't tolerate the turnovers and lack of protecting the ball...I can't tolerate the dog-fu(k of an effort he displayed chasing after yet another one of his turnovers...see ya...thanks for being part of the excitement of 2012...

Sorry - this is nonsense. He is a 21 yo kid who is working his *** off everyday, competes at the highest level, and has to be a student on top of it all. I don't think that he deserves to be kicked out the door at all - especially given that he worked his way back into ND and now will graduate and be forever a graduate of our fine University. Plus, he can and will contribute to the teams success next year - either as a backup, situational player, or a starter. But he will contribute.

Show some respect for these kids that risk injury and their long term health everyday for a chance to make it to the NFL all while the NCAA and ND line their pockets with football revenue and prestige.

Sorry - this is nonsense. He is a 21 yo kid who is working his *** off everyday, competes at the highest level, and has to be a student on top of it all. I don't think that he deserves to be kicked out the door at all - especially given that he worked his way back into ND and now will graduate and be forever a graduate of our fine University. Plus, he can and will contribute to the teams success next year - either as a backup, situational player, or a starter. But he will contribute.

Show some respect for these kids that risk injury and their long term health everyday for a chance to make it to the NFL all while the NCAA and ND line their pockets with football revenue and prestige.

Oh Boy. :violin:

He seems like a good kid who just wants to play. And when he's good, he's very good. I hope he stays, CBK finds a way to mash every team on the schedule using a dynamic 2 QB system, and the 2 QB's play almost flawlessly under the guidance of their new QB coach.

I hope he stays. Seems like a great kid.

That being said, if he doesn't want to share the duties with MZ, or be a flat out backup (if that turns out to be the case) because of ego (watch him on the sideline of LSU game; it's clear that he was very upset with BK at times when he was pulled mid drive as any QB would be I'm sure) or whatever, then "see ya" and next man in.

But I hope he stays and contributes when needed.

Who's kicking him out?

And your second paragraph is an absolute laugh...please...

I agree. I love how people are so intolerant and demand excellence as if they owe you something. These are the same people that whine about depth as well. I want malik and EG. I'm greedy that way.

Who's kicking him out?

And your second paragraph is an absolute laugh...please...

Why is that laughable? Here is the growing list of names of players who have been diagnosed with CTE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_players_with_chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy

Oh - and here are some stats for you to comprehend:

NCAA 2014 Revenue: >$1B

NCAA Net Assets: $650M

Oregon 2014 Revenue: $196M

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Why is that laughable? Here is the growing list of names of players who have been diagnosed with CTE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_players_with_chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy

Dude, I'm the last person on this board who needs education in CTE... But this isn't the 1980's - everyone knows there are inherent cognitive risks when you take the field.

We also know college football is a business...the kids know it too.

Show respect to a kid who's frequently disrespectful? Right...

Oh - and here are some stats for you to comprehend:

NCAA 2014 Revenue: >$1B

NCAA Net Assets: $650M

Oregon 2014 Revenue: $196M

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Yep, and each kid at ND gets up to $300,000 in scholarship money, four years to show their skills for millions in the NFL and a top 20 degree to fall back on. Meanwhile, they get gourmet meals, access to state of the art training tools and doctors and tutoring to pass every class they want to take.

Tell me again how they are being taken advantage of? That is easily 100K a year to each player.

Yep, and each kid at ND gets up to $300,000 in scholarship money, four years to show their skills for millions the NFL and a top 20 degree to fall back on. Meanwhile, they get gourmet meals, access to state ofthe art training tools and doctors and tutoring to pass every class they want to take.

Tell me again how they are being taken advantage of? That is easily 100K a year to each player.

The scholarship money is not real the other students are eating that cost along with the revenue the sports bring in. Also they have access to a great education but Hendrix suggested in an article that he was somewhat shunned by the coaches for taking courses that required him to spend less time studying film and working out.