which loss hurt you the most- Kentucky bb or FSU fb?

Two tough losses to number 1 ranked teams. The FSU lost bothered me more because the referees were involved in the outcome. I loved ND's effort against UK but felt we didn't execute in our last 3 possessions of offense.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, FSU because we outplayed them and the refs intervened

From what I saw, the Kentucky game was a good clean, hard-fought game against a team that pretty much rolled through their season

Though I disagree with the "good clean" part (even the announcer...Chris Webber?....was pointing out how bad the calls were to start the game. It got better, but those early fouls / non calls definitely had an impact on the rest of the game), I do agree that the FSU game hurt sooooo much worse.

For me, I feel that the FSU game was decided by the refs. The UK game was an all around great game, and was decided by the players and coaches.

Definitely FSU because it's football and it's FSU.

Rather than start my own thread, your question spawned this question in my mind: Which loss was worse; FSU 2014 or USC 2005?

I think I have to go with USC 2005. That was a heartbreaker.

That is an interesting question. IMHO both games were lost on bad ref'ing. Had ND won the U$C game, that season could have turned out very special. Had ND won the F$U game, maybe the wheels don't fall off.....after considering both, the answer is obvious....

2012 NC game.

That is an interesting question. IMHO both games were lost on bad ref'ing. Had ND won the U$C game, that season could have turned out very special. Had ND won the F$U game, maybe the wheels don't fall off.....after considering both, the answer is obvious....

2012 NC game.

The 2012 NC was not a heartbreaker to me because it was never close and I was not that optimistic to begin with. Now had Kansas State not have lost to Baylor that year, we wouldn't be talking about how our last NC was 30 years ago.

Just curious, how was the USC game lost on bad reffing in your estimation? I really don't remember that game having any problems, but it was a while back so I may have forgotten.

FSU.

But as was pointed out, Auguste missed 10 or so minutes in the first half due to a bad call. He was NDs best player in the game.

Both games hurt me deeply and both games would have been won with honest officiating. Just think what those well earned victories would do for both our programs.