Who else is starting to drink the kool-aid?

I've been watching the spring clips and my excitement for football season is off the charts! Who has a deeper receiving core than us? I read about the drops but we have some flat out ballers there and they're third string!!!!!

The o-line looks absolutely massive from those clips, good luck to opposing d-lines.

We have depth, size, talent, speed everywhere for once and we easily look the best I've seen since Kelly has been here. Hopefully he's lighter on the contact in practice because injuries are the only thing I think that can hold us back.

Looking at the schedule I don't think anyone has more depth and talent other than USC. The Gtech option and USC after Navy game scares me, almost feels like we handicapped ourself on the schedule there. However 2015 has always been dubbed as 'the year' since 2013 so let's pray we can finally put it together.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best I can say about the upcoming season is that I am cautiously optimistic. The Jekyll & Hyde 2014 season tempered any euphoria or warm fuzzies from the LSU game. What worries we most about our upcoming season is what our head coach is bound to do. Desperation makes the normally prudent.... unpredictable.

I am drinking it.....to a certain degree.

We could go 12-0/11-1 and I'm still not convinced we are on the same playing field as teams who are winning 10+ games CONSISTENTLY. That's the key word to me. Teams like Bama, OSU, FSU, Oregon, etc. are all winning CONSISTENTLY and I'm not sure we have that ability....or ever will again.

Could we have a magical year like 2012? Sure. And I 'd take it. But I'm afraid if we did, we'd only get beaten by the big boys again when it really counted.

I'd love to be proven wrong, however.

I'm OK if Golson starts, especially given some of the feedback from practice, but I want Kelly to have the courage to yank him if he becomes a turnover machine again.

I am very optimistic about this season. Probably mostly because I am riding high on the bball team right now and everything is awesome.

If BK wins a couple of championships I'll start drinking koolaid again. Otherwise I expect to lose 1 out of every 3 games. I'm with the odds makers all the way. I prefer not being pissed off for most of the season. I treat football just like ND basketball. Just enjoying the great wins when they come.

I am drinking it.....to a certain degree.

We could go 12-0/11-1 and I'm still not convinced we are on the same playing field as teams who are winning 10+ games CONSISTENTLY. That's the key word to me. Teams like Bama, OSU, FSU, Oregon, etc. are all winning CONSISTENTLY and I'm not sure we have that ability....or ever will again.

Could we have a magical year like 2012? Sure. And I 'd take it. But I'm afraid if we did, we'd only get beaten by the big boys again when it really counted.

I'd love to be proven wrong, however.

Well put.

-

Hey guys--I MADE THE FREAKIN KOOL-AID---

But i'm just gonna leave it in the freezer for now---

After Texas/Virginia/GT---I will thaw it out

After Clemson--I will have a sip

But I'll wait to USC before I chug it down!

Too many dashed expectations over these last few years for me not to feel a little foolish treating myself to the sugary beverage based on spring hopefulness.

aloha's go irish!

Hey guys--I MADE THE FREAKIN KOOL-AID---

But i'm just gonna leave it in the freezer for now---

After Texas/Virginia/GT---I will thaw it out

After Clemson--I will have a sip

But I'll wait to USC before I chug it down!

Too many dashed expectations over these last few years for me not to feel a little foolish treating myself to the sugary beverage based on spring hopefulness.

aloha's go irish!

We're wearing him down. The frozen Kool-aid approaches the Microwave!!

I'm having an Hawaiian Iced Kool-Aid Slushee.

Thraw it out man, the Kool-Aid ain't hurt NOBODY