Tony Jones RB is Irish!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny.... he doesn't look particularly fast in the video, but he gets away from people, so I assume he is deceptively fast. I love the cuts he makes, too.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/huBl-ho8gJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Definitely not a speed back. Kinda slow in his cuts. 3 star on a few sites. Wish we would wait with the low number of scholarship we have. I would say the weakest of our 5rbs we now have. Prove me wrong. I hope you do. Congratulations to him though

Definitely not a speed back. Kinda slow in his cuts. 3 star on a few sites. Wish we would wait with the low number of scholarship we have. I would say the weakest of our 5rbs we now have. Prove me wrong. I hope you do. Congratulations to him though

We thought recruits would be low this year and ND took 25 or so.

To be fair he's a 4 star on most sites. Come on man! :shock:

I'll drop it soon..

but what if this guy would have committed today?https://rivals.yahoo.com/boisestate/football/recruiting/player-Jay-Ajayi-117263

They developed Jay Ajayi just fine.

You gotta get guys that fit your system, or what you hope to emphasize..

Tony Fits.. I can't say anymore welcome to ND!

He's not quick, but what I see is a kid with terrific vision and making the right cuts. He looks powerful with enough speed, agility to cut and vision to run in traffic between the tackles.

How many highlight tapes of hs kids do you see where all they do is outrun kids to the edges, turn the corner and go. If that worked in college, Atkinson would have won a heisman.

And I'm guessing he's a catholic kid because he crossed himself after scoring.

Don't knock him for not having super acceleration. We have other guys for that.

Edit - sorry about the stupid smiley that I can't edit

Edited by KamaraPolice

Looks to be a dependable RB, and I like that there were clips showing he can block too. IMO that seems to be one of the areas that's keeping Bryant off the field. Its nice to have blazing fast HR backs, but as already mentioned you got to get guys who fit your scheme, and in ours we expect RB's to pass block.