Pryce Tracy New ND ST Analyst

From what I gather, these guys will also be traveling around to other schools and seeing what they do. Bob Elliot is currently visiting schools to see how they deal with tempo and defensive substitution packages.

So the more guys working behind the scenes to gather intel the better, as long as it can all be seamlessly integrated into action.

I'm curious what the rules are for analysts. If all this stuff said above is true, how is that not a coach? Sounds like this is just a way around only being allowed so many coaches on staff.

I am on board with this concept - have to keep up with the Jones.

I'm curious what the rules are for analysts. If all this stuff said above is true, how is that not a coach? Sounds like this is just a way around only being allowed so many coaches on staff.

My guess is it has to do with contact with the players. A coach can coach players. An analyst can work with the staff.

I'm sure someone knows the rules better though.

I believe there is a rule (I know there is in division 1 baseball) on how many paid coaches you can have on staff.....I'm sure it's just getting around the rules

In baseball you can only have a head coach and 2 paid assistants....but almost every team has more than 3 coaches some have 7-10 at the big schools...they make their money through other things (camps/lessons/summer ball/ etc)