Jeff Quinn New ND Offensive Analyst

I figured Quinn would join in this type of role .... and it may be just a holding pen for Kelly.

Quinn addition is awesome on many levels.

1. A voice and mind Kelly trusts...

2. An objective, hopefully, feedback to the coaches on what works / doesn't

3. A scout ... who will perhaps analyze future opponents.

4. A guy who might be able to watch the scout team and developing players for improvements / needs.

I figured Quinn would join in this type of role .... and it may be just a holding pen for Kelly.

Quinn addition is awesome on many levels.

1. A voice and mind Kelly trusts...

2. An objective, hopefully, feedback to the coaches on what works / doesn't

3. A scout ... who will perhaps analyze future opponents.

4. A guy who might be able to watch the scout team and developing players for improvements / needs.

With all of the ND staff getting hired away it doesn't hurt to have two of every animal on our ark. Still, I feel like this is a holding pen, like you said, or maybe an audition so to speak. If the offense isn't working out the way Kelly likes you switch one piece to the back office and one piece to the sideline, or more silently just make it known who is really calling the plays.

Everyone said before this year, that if you give Nick Saban 30 days to plan for a game he will beat you. Now I understand what they were talking about. When you have this many eyes on yesterday, today and tomorrow, it sure can tighten things up allowing for a direct crisp set of detailed plans given to your players. Remember, we were predictable. I hope this makes our opponents predictable.

How many analyst does USC and Stanford have or Ohio State?

Still trying to find the NCAA rules regarding the position...

Description CFB analyst:

Pay Grade: 37

General Description: The Athletics Analyst position provides support and assistance to the football program in the areas of opponent scouting, game strategy, and recruiting. This position will work specifically with the defense staff.

Duties and Responsibilities:

• Responsible for capturing, editing, and in-putting film from all sources in to the XO’s film data base

• Analyze and evaluate game film for future game plan implementation for practices and game

• Prepares offensive and defensive game strategies and schemes for upcoming opponents

• Manages social media accounts for coaches

• Provides recruiting data for coaches that pertain to recruiting areas/territories in the USA

• Serves as a core representative with prospects during campus recruiting visits

• Manages and tracks all prospects post-visit information: host comments, guests comments

• Oversight of recruiting mailings: sent to proper recipients on scheduled dates

• Manages data input from: Questionnaires, Prospect Cards, Recruiting Services, Coaches

• Travel required to all away competitions

• Other duties as assigned

Required Qualifications:

Education: Bachelor’s degree required

Experience: Coaching and/or playing, or administration experience at the collegiate or professional level in the sport of football desired.

Skills: Excellent writing and communication skills. Knowledge of XO’s film data base software required. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required with an emphasis on Recruiting guidelines. Knowledge of NCAA Rules of Play specific to the sports of football required. Ability to analyze and evaluate game film for future game plan implementation for practices and games required. Working knowledge of football offensive and defensive strategies and schemes required. (i.e. playbooks)

Behaviors: Demonstrated behavioral expectations include:

• Unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness. Adherence to university, SEC, and NCAA rules and regulations.

• Commitment to the Athletics Department and University’s mission.

• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and to foster teamwork.

• Ability to work with diverse populations in a positive manner

The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.

Everyone said before this year, that if you give Nick Saban 30 days to plan for a game he will beat you. Now I understand what they were talking about. When you have this many eyes on yesterday, today and tomorrow, it sure can tighten things up allowing for a direct crisp set of detailed plans given to your players. Remember, we were predictable. I hope this makes our opponents predictable.

How many analyst does USC and Stanford have or Ohio State?

We have been very predictable. Hopefully Kelly will listen to that feedback and do something about it otherwise it'll be for naught. Wow just realized I hit 2,000 posts lol!

We always had the players now I think we have a better coaching staff at all positions. I think it's good to have so many great minds working on the same goal. I have faith we won't be questioning the playcalling game in game out like the last two years as well.

I haven't sipped the kool aid in a couple years but I'm drinking it right now. With this roster and this staff I can't see us getting under 10 wins this year, unless we have a string of injuries like last year.

Still trying to find the NCAA rules regarding the position...

Description CFB analyst:

Pay Grade: 37

General Description: The Athletics Analyst position provides support and assistance to the football program in the areas of opponent scouting, game strategy, and recruiting. This position will work specifically with the defense staff.

Duties and Responsibilities:

• Responsible for capturing, editing, and in-putting film from all sources in to the XO’s film data base

• Analyze and evaluate game film for future game plan implementation for practices and game

• Prepares offensive and defensive game strategies and schemes for upcoming opponents

• Manages social media accounts for coaches

• Provides recruiting data for coaches that pertain to recruiting areas/territories in the USA

• Serves as a core representative with prospects during campus recruiting visits

• Manages and tracks all prospects post-visit information: host comments, guests comments

• Oversight of recruiting mailings: sent to proper recipients on scheduled dates

• Manages data input from: Questionnaires, Prospect Cards, Recruiting Services, Coaches

• Travel required to all away competitions

• Other duties as assigned

Required Qualifications:

Education: Bachelor’s degree required

Experience: Coaching and/or playing, or administration experience at the collegiate or professional level in the sport of football desired.

Skills: Excellent writing and communication skills. Knowledge of XO’s film data base software required. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required with an emphasis on Recruiting guidelines. Knowledge of NCAA Rules of Play specific to the sports of football required. Ability to analyze and evaluate game film for future game plan implementation for practices and games required. Working knowledge of football offensive and defensive strategies and schemes required. (i.e. playbooks)

Behaviors: Demonstrated behavioral expectations include:

• Unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness. Adherence to university, SEC, and NCAA rules and regulations.

• Commitment to the Athletics Department and University’s mission.

• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and to foster teamwork.

• Ability to work with diverse populations in a positive manner

The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.

Was this on monsterjobs.com?

I'm not worried about 'to many cooks in the kitchen.'

I think Golson lost his confidence after FSU and the whole season fell apart after that game. More coaches can also help with building up players confidence and handling the emotional aspects of a tough game.