ACC Tourney Thread

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

****** game. Awesome first half, and it wasn't all shooting, they were playing real defense early. Now it obviously didn't last but we live to fight another day.

Now I predict a 15-20 point Duke win, but the game will be closer than that, and if we get hot, we can do some damage against an awesome team like Duke.

Grant needs to be a leader. Too many times he quietly fades into oblivion when his team needs him the most. What is going on with him? He's either MIA or he's a world beater? There's no consistency with him at all and the team needs a leader during games like this. Jackson seems to be the only vocal one out there. Not only that, he turned the ball over several times along with Pat for no reason. I just don't understand an All-American who disappears on his team as much as Grant does.

But hey, ND won! It's going to be a bloodbath tomorrow...lol

Grant needs to be a leader. Too many times he quietly fades into oblivion when his team needs him the most. What is going on with him? He's either MIA or he's a world beater? There's no consistency with him at all and the team needs a leader during games like this. Jackson seems to be the only vocal one out there. Not only that, he turned the ball over several times along with Pat for no reason. I just don't understand an All-American who disappears on his team as much as Grant does.

But hey, ND won! It's going to be a bloodbath tomorrow...lol

Who wouldn't Duke beat by 20+ right now? Kentucky, Virginia maybe Wisconsin? Tomorrow has literally no bearing on this teams ability to make the sweet 16, so let's not act like the sky is falling in the event of a bloodbath tomorrow.

FTs we're fine today outside of Auguste.

Yeah only problem was he was the only one at the line for most of the game.

I could care less if we lose tomorrow as long as we keep it close, if that happens we are forsure a three and hopefully in an easier bracket.

Yeah only problem was he was the only one at the line for most of the game.

I could care less if we lose tomorrow as long as we keep it close, if that happens we are forsure a three and hopefully in an easier bracket.

I realize that. I was just clarifying because you posted it at the end of the game when we only missed 1 FT down the stretch. The fact he was only one getting to the line though was big problem in that second half. I liked his aggressiveness and wish more guys tried doing that consistently. If you aren't knocking down shots the best thing to do is drive to hole and draw some fouls.

I thought Jackson and Vasturia played incredibly well last night. I also thought Auguste did a good job elevating for some good rebounds. Con was money in the first half. I still would like to see him drive a little more. I 100% agree with Grant....I thought Jackson really exerted a lot of energy in the first half with his aggressive play and figured Grant would take that role to close out the game in the second half. He just didn't really do it. I get that he is trying to be a team player, but there are times, where I just think he needs to take full control and put the team on his back. Either way, they won and should be in a good position for a 3 seed. It still won't surprise me if they get screwed over as a four with their out of conference schedule though.

Who wouldn't Duke beat by 20+ right now? Kentucky, Virginia maybe Wisconsin? Tomorrow has literally no bearing on this teams ability to make the sweet 16, so let's not act like the sky is falling in the event of a bloodbath tomorrow.

Pretty sure nobody's panicking. AND DAMMIT, I WILL PANIC WHENEVER I WANT!!

I thought Jackson and Vasturia played incredibly well last night. I also thought Auguste did a good job elevating for some good rebounds. Con was money in the first half. I still would like to see him drive a little more. I 100% agree with Grant....I thought Jackson really exerted a lot of energy in the first half with his aggressive play and figured Grant would take that role to close out the game in the second half. He just didn't really do it. I get that he is trying to be a team player, but there are times, where I just think he needs to take full control and put the team on his back. Either way, they won and should be in a good position for a 3 seed. It still won't surprise me if they get screwed over as a four with their out of conference schedule though.

I've seen Grant to it plenty of times at the end of games, but I wish he would do it more often. There were a few times in the second half yesterday where it looked like he was trying to get into the hole and drive past the 2-3 zone but he just wasn't effective doing. He definitely had an off game, and I expect a good performance from him tonight.