Best Win Of The Kelly Era?

I'm sure this has been debated in the past but it's the off season and last night I was driving home late and passed the Taco Bell near my house. It brought back a great memory of the night I left Oklahoma Memorial Stadium after an ND win in 2012 and stopped there to get something to eat.

Was this ND's best win of the Kelly era? And was it the best game of EG's career (against good competition)?

Although I'm ready to see what MZ can do this year, EG played a great game that night.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 OU. We weren't given much of a chance in that game. I was at the game, and it was magnificent. Totally spring boarded an awesome season. The environment was very hostile, and the Irish prevailed and ended up playing in the title game.

We weren't given ANY chance in that game (and frankly I wasn't too optimistic myself). And yes, it was glorious. I was there, as I stated above, but was with my wife, oldest son, and best friend who is a lifelong OU fan.

We weren't given ANY chance in that game (and frankly I wasn't too optimistic myself). And yes, it was glorious. I was there, as I stated above, but was with my wife, oldest son, and best friend who is a lifelong OU fan.
I have the game on dvd. Right before kickoff, Stoops has a cocky grin thinking his Sooners were going to roll. Not to be sir. I was going crazy after the long Cierre Wood td and Everett's pass to C Brown in the 2nd half for a big gain. Golson was money in this one. The dline and Teo balled out in this one too. One of my favorite games ever.

I have the game on dvd. Right before kickoff, Stoops has a cocky grin thinking his Sooners were going to roll. Not to be sir. I was going crazy after the long Cierre Wood td and Everett's pass to C Brown in the 2nd half for a big gain. Golson was money in this one. The dline and Teo balled out in this one too. One of my favorite games ever.

I have the whole 2012 season on DVD pack that my wife bought for me (minus the Bama buttkicking, which for obvious reasons, was not included in the pack).

The fact that we held them to just 15 rushing yards and 13 total points was awesome.

One of my favorite games.

I have to go with MSU 2013. At the time the game was played it wasn't a huge deal but they ended up with one loss in the top 5 and won the rose bowl. If it weren't for the loss to us they would have been in the title game.

I must say though I think we were helped out bigtime with some pretty bad pi calls on MSU, it seemed that was the only way we could move the ball on them.

I have watched all of these games many times. I find myself

Going back to the OU game. Brent M and everyone's favorite, Herbie,

We're actually pretty high on our D and Manti For the Heisman.

I would rate them OU, State and then LSU. But I do think that the LSU win means so much more for street cred.

"Say how do you do? "

OU. Undefeated season going. Underdog. LSU game was great but bowl games have so little drama unless they are New Years Day. As happy as I was to beat LSU the excitement level wasn't even close. And the BYU 2012 game as bad as it was. I drove from Virginia with my son for my first Irish home game. It was an awful game but would have been a long 12 hour ride home if we would lost so that one is personal.

I have watched all of these games many times. I find myself

Going back to the OU game. Brent M and everyone's favorite, Herbie,

We're actually pretty high on our D and Manti For the Heisman.

I would rate them OU, State and then LSU. But I do think that the LSU win means so much more for street cred.

"Say how do you do? "

Yea, Herbie and Brent were big on ND during the game but I don't remember anyone besides Lou who gave ND a chance prior to the game, which made it all the more sweeter. The guy that they had on as the guest for college gameday said OU would win by 17 and that OU would run the ball all over ND. Couldn't have predicted a more opposite game with ND winning by 17, holding OU to 15 yards rushing and having 208 yards of rushing of their own.

I would have loved to know who Herbie would have picked before the game but he won't pick games he's calling.