Tight end logjam

Going into the 2015 season ND has a crowd at tight end:

Heuerman JR 6-3, 225

Smythe JR 6-4, 240

Weishar SO 6-4, 235

Luatua SO 6-2, 260

Jones FR 6-5, 220

All the pundits seem to think Jones plays a lot as a freshman.

Will one of these guys get bumped to linebacker or some other position?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We said that at safety last year.

They will all have a roll. Luatua will get time regardless due to his size. Curious to see who steps up into the 1, 2 rolls and is the best every down TE.

Jones will get time. He is just too good.

Anyone see Latua completely steamroll an LSU LBer during the bowl game? He pushed him over like it was nothing

Luatua is the unofficial fullback on the team, he will get his playing time.

I think Smythe will be the new #1 and I am also excited about Weishar.

Jones is the shiny new toy that may see some playing time, but I doubt he jumps ahead of Smythe and Weishar.

I am becoming more and more persuaded that Heuerman may make a position switch. I guess LB would be a problem destination even though I had a debate with someone over that recently in which I was opposed to the idea. I am starting to change my opinion on the matter.

I love Alize but I could easily see him get redshirted. Nobody else thinks that way however which is fine.

I think Smythe is a stud and we have Corey Robinson (who is similar to jones until he adds serious weight). In fact, Boykin and Alize are pretty much the same guy right now.

Fasano - Carlson - Olson - Fauria - and what's his nuts that transferred to Stanford was a logjam.

None of the kids you've spoke of have really done anything yet..

BK isn't going to develop TE's like your grandfathers ND teams did..

We'll be lucky to get a good one every 2-4 years but TE U is long gone.

Fasano - Carlson - Olson - Fauria - and what's his nuts that transferred to Stanford was a logjam.

Completely disagree, but to each his own.

I honestly can't tell if your post is serious or tongue in cheek. You left off Rudolph, Niklas and now Koyack, who will be the lowest draft choice in recent memory but still a sure fire mid round pick. Kelly and Co. have plenty of positive data points to continue this trend and I could see the trio of Smythe, Weishar and Jones emerging along with Luatua in more a traditional Hback role. The tradition will continue in my humble opinion.

I honestly can't tell if your post is serious or tongue in cheek. You left off Rudolph, Niklas and now Koyack, who will be the lowest draft choice in recent memory but still a sure fire mid round pick. Kelly and Co. have plenty of positive data points to continue this trend and I could see the trio of Smythe, Weishar and Jones emerging along with Luatua in more a traditional Hback role. The tradition will continue in my humble opinion.

Koyack is getting drafted? To where? The arena league?

Don't forget that first round pick in Eifert he left off as well.