Can Bilal play safety?

Been reading a lot about him lately and his speed is off the charts for a linebacker. Right now he only weighs about 210. I wonder if there is a possibility of him moving to safety. Coaches could easily keep him from bulking up too much. An article on 247 mentioned that he could play safety in college as well. With the recent concern about needing safety depth, I wonder if they will try it. He can always switch back to LB as a soph or junior if it doesn't work out.

Transition to safety is tough for a linebacker. Linebackers like to move forward. Safeties need to always keep everything in front of them, have good hips.

This is true. The norm is for safeties to become linebackers, linebackers to become defensive ends and defensive ends to become tackles or nose guards. Lou Holtz was good at this. What we were looking for was more speed. Zorich was too slow for linebacker but he was one quick nose tackle. Flannagan went to defensive end and became dominant. So did Renaldo Wynn and Alton Maiden. Tatum went from safety to linebacker. All with much success.

with his speed I'd like to see him stay at LB and see what tranquill can do at safety.

I agree with that. I would prefer if he keeps his skillset at LB and see what Tranquill can do at safety because he has more of a safety type of body and athleticism than a linebacker.