3* Safety McKinley Whitfield

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its dark down here and I can hear the echo's of laughter coming from Tuscaloosa and Columbus near the top
Lay off man and do a little research before you insult this kid. 17-18 year olds deserve that. I don't have a problem with this offer (at this point) at all and hope this kid strongly considers ND.

Great read about Whitfield here:

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-recruiting-2015-mckinley-whitfield-spiro-ok-preps

three stars dont mean he will be awful.

plenty of three stars have been amazing in college.

Notre Dame's greatest TE ever (statistically speaking).

let's let the kid surprise you.

Thank you. Recruiting services are simply a tool. That's it. Watch this kid's tape and give him a real chance. SMH. No, he's not the next Ronnie Lott but the kid can definitely help the program.

Lay off man and do a little research before you insult this kid. 17-18 year olds deserve that. I don't have a problem with this offer (at this point) at all and hope this kid strongly considers ND.

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-recruiting-2015-mckinley-whitfield-spiro-ok-preps

thanks for sharing.

agreed, no problem at all with this offer

After reading that article sign me up. This staff has done a great job in finding gems. Hopefully this can be another one. With McKinney gone, I wouldn't mind taking one of Reid/Farrar/Buncom etc. along with Whitfield. Get some bodies in there.

I have 5 letters out there for all you overreacting fans in Domerland to posts:

R-E-L-A-X , Rellllaaaaxxxx . Relax, this is a forum where joking is allowed. We're going to be ok.

So that's what the bottom of the barrel looks like.

I like this tongue in cheek response. I didn't see it as a real freak out. As long as we win the recruiting battle against Tulsa/Minnesota I am ok.

Lose that fight then I am going to bake up a batch of frownies.

FWIW, when this came out the ND coaches hadn't even seen his film and possibly still haven't. Dave Peloquin, Director of Player Personnel, is the one who reached out to him and that is part of Dave's job. He will review the film later with BK and other coaches. They are just searching for players potentially under the radar late in the game by reviewing senior film. All other current prospects would have to say no for it to happen, which is possible.

Unbelievable that we actually criticize this unique and gifted athlete. II has him a high 3 star. This kid can flat out run and has great length and athleticism. I think he is a better athlete than McKinney at least potentially. When he hits the weights at whatever school his stature will accelerate rapidly. He has never had good weight training. Just a very raw but superior athlete.