Everett Golson's potential = Troy Smith

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorta combining what Rocket and ndmike said.....but EG has almost no chance to realize his potential if he (1) can't figure out how to hold on to the ball (2) can't learn how to be less nervous when he is moving and (3) can't learn how to read the pocket (when to scramble and when not to)

In all honesty, I look at EG as a guy that could have JC type passing stats with the addition of 50-75 yards running a game "if" he ironed out a few issues. I am not sure if that is Troy Smith type numbers, but I do think those are Heisman numbers...

Sorta combining what Rocket and ndmike said.....but EG has almost no chance to realize his potential if he (1) can't figure out how to hold on to the ball (2) can't learn how to be less nervous when he is moving and (3) can't learn how to read the pocket (when to scramble and when not to)

In all honesty, I look at EG as a guy that could have JC type passing stats with the addition of 50-75 yards running a game "if" he ironed out a few issues. I am not sure if that is Troy Smith type numbers, but I do think those are Heisman numbers...

If you haven't figured it out by the time you're 22, you never will. (BTW, did anyone else know the insane fact that Malik Zaire is 24 years old?)

Go back and watch some of the Mich game... that Golson is totally capable of being a Heisman-candidate player. I'd take EG at his best over almost anyone, but since we don't know what we're gonna get from game to game, it's hard to imagine taking the chance. Sad really. Like IrishGuy said, moving forward, he has almost no chance to realize his full potential.

Go back and watch some of the Mich game... that Golson is totally capable of being a Heisman-candidate player. I'd take EG at his best over almost anyone, but since we don't know what we're gonna get from game to game, it's hard to imagine taking the chance. Sad really. Like IrishGuy said, moving forward, he has almost no chance to realize his full potential.

We must have been watching different games.

Count me in as one who thinks Golson can be an elite college QB. Things he needs to work on:

1. Obviously, ball security: Make him run drills with the backs.

2. Confidence: Design a game plan that runs the ball with high percentage pass plays. Teach him how to check down to his backs more often. Obviously this will help with picks too.

3. Team leadership: Stop sulking, listen to your coach, and rally your team...

These are all correctable things that I think he can accomplish. I really hope he comes back.

Count me in as one who thinks Golson can be an elite college QB. Things he needs to work on:

2. Confidence: Design a game plan that runs the ball with high percentage pass plays. Teach him how to check down to his backs more often. Obviously this will help with picks too.

These are all correctable things that I think he can accomplish. I really hope he comes back.

As a former QB, I don't know how much of this is really correctable.

How many guys just suddenly become great leaders? You are or you aren't. If you aren't and try to be, it just looks fake.

To me, Golson is just a quiet kid. Nothing wrong with that, but to try and make him something he isn't just doesn't work. Look at what happened when Kelly tries to keep him in the pocket and make him a "passer".

He is in his 4th year of college football. To ask him to reinvent himself at this point is asking a lot.

??? No amount of drills can cure a player of fumblitis. You can't teach a player how not to fumble... You either have the propensity to fumble or you don't

I don't expect him to be a vocal leader. I do expect him to rally his team by example. He can get himself together to be a positive, quiet leader.

Fumbling can be coached and corrected. The habit can be developed with drills and attention to detail.