SIAP: Golson to LSU possibly.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize he looked happy about the win against LSU but after I went back and watched the game again, when BK pulled him on a drive in the 2nd quarter in the RZ, you could tell EG was not happy.

He was standing behind BK as BK was looking at his play sheet. You could see that EG was looking at the playsheet over his shoulder. Then EG shakes his head and walks off. I don't think things are good between the two.

I realize he looked happy about the win against LSU but after I went back and watched the game again, when BK pulled him on a drive in the 2nd quarter in the RZ, you could tell EG was not happy.

He was standing behind BK as BK was looking at his play sheet. You could see that EG was looking at the playsheet over his shoulder. Then EG shakes his head and walks off. I don't think things are good between the two.

I remember seeing that. He kind of gave a WTF eye roll face and walked off.

There was some apparent favoritism and the writing was on the wall for Ev that the job was no longer his. To see him drive down the field and then give the ball to Malik for the score, it is a small wonder.

These guys are not here just to win games, they are trying to showcase their skills (in many cases) to play at the next level. I hope Ev finds success wherever he goes and finds a coach who can unf*** his head.

I remember seeing that. He kind of gave a WTF eye roll face and walked off.

I believe he cursed and walked off.

I don't have any hard numbers but Russell Wilson seems like the exception. I think most 5th years drop to a lower level of competition. Even Cody Riggs was tagged as a nickel before KR was dismissed.

As of now, EG is a backup QB with ball control issues. If he wants a guaranteed starting slot, he better join Martin in Oxford.

I still remain unclear how Golson has enough credits to earn a degree from Notre Dame...especially having missed an entire semester due to suspension from the university. That does not seem to add up for some reason...he spent the fall of 2013 with the QB Whisperer and STILL will graduate on schedule? No offense to Everett, but to finish in 3 1/2 years, while playing football, and sitting out a semester for academic fraud? That seems like a potential investigation coming down the road...

I bet Golson is fine to graduate with enough hours because these guys spend summers in South Bend and probably add a few hours each summer. At this point I hope he stays, competes with Malik and may the best man win. But if he leaves for LSU or elsewhere, so be it - we're in good shape with Malik.

I still remain unclear how Golson has enough credits to earn a degree from Notre Dame...especially having missed an entire semester due to suspension from the university. That does not seem to add up for some reason...he spent the fall of 2013 with the QB Whisperer and STILL will graduate on schedule? No offense to Everett, but to finish in 3 1/2 years, while playing football, and sitting out a semester for academic fraud? That seems like a potential investigation coming down the road...

Or it could be the simple fact that like most big time athletes - he takes courses in the summer. This allows them to use the ND facilities with the ND coaches w/o breaking any training rules.

You also factor in that in this day and age - most high school students coming into a premier college already have a few credits to their name.. (My kid will have at least one year of college done before she steps foot on campus )

There was some apparent favoritism and the writing was on the wall for Ev that the job was no longer his. To see him drive down the field and then give the ball to Malik for the score, it is a small wonder.

These guys are not here just to win games, they are trying to showcase their skills (in many cases) to play at the next level. I hope Ev finds success wherever he goes and finds a coach who can unf*** his head.

I thought they were at ND to get an education -- you know the drill: it's not a four-year decision, it's 40-year decision.8-)