Robby Regan Commits!!!!

https://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1721013

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1474816/robby-regan

"Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly has found his next quarterback. That is, scout team quarterback.

Darien (Ill.) Hinsdale South quarterback Robby Regan has committed to Notre Dame as a preferred walk-on.

Regan, who accounted for 1,765 yards of offense and 25 total touchdowns this past season for a Hinsdale South team that made the second round of the Illinois 6A state playoffs, was admitted into Notre Dame last week.

After being admitted to Notre Dame last week, Robby Regan accepted a preferred walk-on spot with the Irish.

Upon his admission, he accepted an offer to be part off the Notre Dame football program as a walk-on.

"I feel like this is a dream come true," Regan said. "Coach [brian] Kelly came to my school two weeks ago to see me, and it's just an amazing feeling even though it's not a scholarship offer."

Regan, who was also being recruited by Northern Illinois and the University of Pennsylvania, said his decision to commit to Notre Dame was easy. But the path to South Bend, is one that has its own story.

Notre Dame didn't exactly find Regan, he found them.

"It actually started with visit to campus with Josh King," Regan said.

King - the No. 4 strongside defensive end, No. 57 overall prospect nationally and top player in Illinois in the class of 2016 according to Rivals.com - is Regan's high school teammate. He's also one of Notre Dame's top targets in the next recruiting cycle.

"I was there with him on a visit. We were talking with the defensive coordinator [brian VanGorder] and he suggested that I should walk-on," Regan said. "I emailed him, but never really heard back, so King eventually gave me Brian Kelly's number."

And that's where the courting began.

Kelly and his staff got ahold of Regan's tape, and they saw a player that could help the program right away in practice. Regan said they began recruiting him as an athlete, but that quickly changed.

"Initially they were saying as an H-back or a receiver. But then two weeks ago Coach Kelly came to my school and told me he was excited to see me at quarterback and to see me lead the scout team," Regan said.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Regan rushed for 847 yards and passed for 918 more his senior season while running a read-option offense.

While the role of mocking opposing quarterbacks in practice does not provide much glory, it's one that Regan said he could not turn down.

"Coach Kelly was there to see me and not even Josh," Regan said. "That got me just ready to work hard and play for a program that is as prestigious as Notre Dame." "

Edited by Domer Dude