Roll Call

Who thinks Zaire should be the starting QB next year and we should run the offense we ran today?

Who thinks Golson should be the staring QB next year and we should revert back to the big chunk style, chucking the ball all over the field?

I'm all in for Zaire and today's offense.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who thinks Zaire should be the starting QB next year and we should run the offense we ran today?

Who thinks Golson should be the staring QB next year and we should revert back to the big chunk style, chucking the ball all over the field?

I'm all in for Zaire and today's offense.

Zaire and the defense that showed up late in the game for 500 Alex?

The problem I see is EG leaves then Kelly won't allow Malik to run out of fear he gets hurt. You gotta blow smoke up golsons rear until the start of next season. Let him start but put him on a ridiculously short leash.

who cares if he leaves. Kelly won't run a different offense because of it.

I don't care which QB plays. I hope Kelly saw today that you run the ball to win games.

Golson can't run the read option nearly as effectively as Zaire. Zaire is much tougher amd stronger. Furthermore, can you imagine Golson throwing that block that Zaire did on Folston's TD? The offense takes on a completely different personality with Zaire running the offense, because he's a tough, athletic runner.

Yeah. We definitely have a QB controversy here guys...

EG is going to be a Heisman frontrunner next year if Malik doesn't unseat him.

I didn't like how EG seemed "down" a lot during the game, but his pocket presence was pretty solid.

A lot of EG's turnovers came when forcing things inside the pocket due to lackluster OLine play... Go back and watch the jump ball that Fuller had and the ensuing spat between BK and Hiestand. He said something to the effect of "what the hell was that" because our O Line let a free rusher or two break through the line..

Golson was very poise in the pocket I thought. Like I said in another thread, that one lollipop pass he threw to Fuller was his only big mistake (glad it did not cost us anything though). Missed two throws from what I remember, but I thought both played very well. Golson is a better pocket passer than Zaire, I just think Golson needs to keep his head on a swivel a little bit better. I think the mental part gets to him sometimes.