BK on the "cold seat"

http://ndsmcobserver.com/2014/12/swarbrick-discusses-crossroads-football-scheduling-cant-breathe-shirts/

good read!

sounds like...

ND at a disadvantage without conference championship game

forcing them to play a harder schedule than necessary

and putting them in harms way more than other typical 12 game schedules?

Swarbrick says BK is on the "cold seat"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never believe a word Swarbrick says after he said (I'm paraphrasing) "the day was like no other day" after the scaffold got blown over and killed Sullivan. In fact, it was as windy a day as I can remember living in South Bend since 1965.

There is a lot of dispute about the conditions that day - even amongst fellow boardies...

"cold seat"

from the comment under the article....

* 4 out of 5 seasons with at least 4 losses

* 3 out of 5 seasons with at least 5 losses

* 1 season out of 5 ranked in the final Top 20; 2 out of 5 in the final Top 25

* 6W-13L record against all teams ranked in the final AP top 25

* 2W-6L record versus teams ranked in the final AP top 10, with 5 of those losses by double digits

* ND's two bowl wins coming against a 8-4 Miami team minus a head coach and 6-6 Rutgers

If the above is "consistent" with the AD's "expectations" for the Notre Dame football program, then Notre Dame needs a new AD.

I wouldn't question Swarbrick, his expectations are higher than what BK has been able to produce, he has to be behind his coach until he isn't behind his coach.

I never believe a word Swarbrick says after he said (I'm paraphrasing) "the day was like no other day" after the scaffold got blown over and killed Sullivan. In fact, it was as windy a day as I can remember living in South Bend since 1965.

I believe that the highest gust of wind was 26MPH except for one that hit 52 MPH and it toppled the scaffold.

It is odd that you hold Kelly accountable when the parents do not.

"cold seat"

from the comment under the article....

* 4 out of 5 seasons with at least 4 losses

* 3 out of 5 seasons with at least 5 losses

* 1 season out of 5 ranked in the final Top 20; 2 out of 5 in the final Top 25

* 6W-13L record against all teams ranked in the final AP top 25

* 2W-6L record versus teams ranked in the final AP top 10, with 5 of those losses by double digits

* ND's two bowl wins coming against a 8-4 Miami team minus a head coach and 6-6 Rutgers

If the above is "consistent" with the AD's "expectations" for the Notre Dame football program, then Notre Dame needs a new AD.

I wouldn't question Swarbrick, his expectations are higher than what BK has been able to produce, he has to be behind his coach until he isn't behind his coach.

But it's all been bad luck ;)

I believe that the highest gust of wind was 26MPH except for one that hit 52 MPH and it toppled the scaffold.

It is odd that you hold Kelly accountable when the parents do not.

WTF? Point me to the statement where I said I hold Kelly accountable.

What I did say is that Swarbrick lied about the weather that day. It was windy as hell and not like any other day.

Swarbrick has been the best thing to happen to ND post-Holtz.

Well that's damning with faint praise. Both the men's football and basketball programs have been mediocre overall under his tenure. And Muffet doesn't need Swarpuck. Everybody knows that.

WTF? Point me to the statement where I said I hold Kelly accountable.

What I did say is that Swarbrick lied about the weather that day. It was windy as hell and not like any other day.

You said that it was a fact that it was the windiest day that you can remember in the last 50 years. And you were insinuating that it was Kelly`s fault that Sullivan died.

Do you really know about the students that video the practices and who is the only coach that they talk to?