Not A Good Weekend

We didn't get a commit, which we really need to and should have. Then we basically lost both Jones boys RIGHT AFTER they visited ND.

I don't see anyway we can finish strong enough to have a difference-making class. Hopefully we can make a late push like last year but it's hard to see it especially if we get waxed by LSU, which has to be expected at this point.

The fact is, as mentioned on a radio show, BK is selling future success in YEAR SIX of the program. Other teams are negative recruting off of that...

Ugh.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't get a commit, which we really need to and should have. Then we basically lost both Jones boys RIGHT AFTER they visited ND.

I don't see anyway we can finish strong enough to have a difference-making class. Hopefully we can make a late push like last year but it's hard to see it especially if we get waxed by LSU, which has to be expected at this point.

The fact is, as mentioned on a radio show, BK is selling future success in YEAR SIX of the program. Other teams are negative recruting off of that...

Ugh.

Not true, my friend. I read reports that we didn't have a single RKG visit this past weekend. I didn't realize that but it all makes sense now. Most visitors had offers from serious schools. That means they are tainted. What matters is the assessment of our own gem miner BK.

Not true, my friend. I read reports that we didn't have a single RKG visit this past weekend. I didn't realize that but it all makes sense now. Most visitors had offers from serious schools. That means they are tainted. What matters is the assessment of our own gem miner BK.

I'm not sure I've ever heard a joke referencing RKG's- this is comedy gold!

We could still get Tinnel but yeah, reallly bad weekend. The water main breaking and Brindza bad mouthing the town and campus didn't help things. Kelly has a bad product to sell unfortunately and there is no excuse to be this bad heading into year six. And other coaches are pounding that into these kids heads.

We could still get Tinnel but yeah, reallly bad weekend. The water main breaking and Brindza bad mouthing the town and campus didn't help things. Kelly has a bad product to sell unfortunately and there is no excuse to be this bad heading into year six. And other coaches are pounding that into these kids heads.

I've heard Brindza said some stuff. What exactly did he say?

I've heard Brindza said some stuff. What exactly did he say?

Just complaining about the weather AFAIK, nothing worse than Cierre a couple years back.

I agree with OP though, the lack of commits coming out of this are grim, we need a good game against LSU or our shot at the elites is done.

Your last sentence is the crux here. This is why I feel like a change is inevitable. Maybe -MAYBE - next year we get in the playoffs and then get a top 5 class, it can be turned around but the FACT that other coaches are negatively recruitng so successfully against us about "turning it around" in Year 6 really makes me pretty pessimistic...

Your last sentence is the crux here. This is why I feel like a change is inevitable. Maybe -MAYBE - next year we get in the playoffs and then get a top 5 class, it can be turned around but the FACT that other coaches are negatively recruitng so successfully against us about "turning it around" in Year 6 really makes me pretty pessimistic...

The bolded part, i havent seen this reported or mentioned. Is this just message board speculation or have people actually reported this? Honest question.

The bolded part, i havent seen this reported or mentioned. Is this just message board speculation or have people actually reported this? Honest question.

Both Mike Frank and the guy he has on power hour have said that, yes. Fwiw, of course but it's certainly not hard to believe, is it?

Both Mike Frank and the guy he has on power hour have said that, yes. Fwiw, of course but it's certainly not hard to believe, is it?

Nothing is hard to believe in recruiting anymore. That's the one bad thing when it comes to recruiting at ND, we already have enough hurdles to jump over, so if we have a bad year it seems to really compound the negative recruiting. We are an easy target and alot of the competitions coaching staffs use it against us very well.

Apparently coaches are telling running back prospects that the better running back prospects that are on the roster (Bryant, etc) can't beat out guys like Cam because the offense is so difficult and complex to learn until you've been there several years.

Apparently coaches are telling running back prospects that the better running back prospects that are on the roster (Bryant, etc) can't beat out guys like Cam because the offense is so difficult and complex to learn until you've been there several years.

Kinda dumb considering Folston was the lead back most of the season. Bryant and Folston will be the guys next year and either a position change or freshman will be the 3rd guy. If coaches are saying that and kids are listening, they are just dumb.