Bryant

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everybody saying that pass blocking trumps running in Brian Kelly's mind. Bryant clearly is an elite athlete, but Kelly would rather throw the ball. Like Weis his ego is tied to the passing game. Becoming the OC made it even worse. All he needs to do is gain 100 pounds and he'll morph into Weis.

yup he lives and dies with the pass, theres no doubt about that. Everything done on offesne is done to help the passing game. When thats the case pass protection is more important, its sad but true.

And with all that being said it continues to baffle me that after 5 years kellys offenses and in particular his QB play have been far from elite when he was brought in as an offensive and in particular a QB guru.

Part of the reason i believe kelly has struggled is his inability to adapt. The defense was in rough shape and everyone knew it so why not adapt your offensive game plan and try to make an effort running the ball and control the clock and keep your defense off the field? I think its his ego, he can outscore anybody with his invincible offense and it doesnt matter whats going on on the other side of the ball.

He didnt wear his britches properly around the weight room. Mustve started tucking his shirt in and wearing a belt.

Haha now that's funny.

I was listening to the radio and the ND guys were saying that Bryant had been nursing an ankle injury all season. Now how much of this is true is beyond me.

yup he lives and dies with the pass, theres no doubt about that. Everything done on offesne is done to help the passing game. When thats the case pass protection is more important, its sad but true.

And with all that being said it continues to baffle me that after 5 years kellys offenses and in particular his QB play have been far from elite when he was brought in as an offensive and in particular a QB guru.

Part of the reason i believe kelly has struggled is his inability to adapt. The defense was in rough shape and everyone knew it so why not adapt your offensive game plan and try to make an effort running the ball and control the clock and keep your defense off the field? I think its his ego, he can outscore anybody with his invincible offense and it doesnt matter whats going on on the other side of the ball.

And I give you his career record at Notre Dame as evidence. Toss out 2012 and that is not the norm. We have seen the norm.