What would save Kelly next year?

I personally have lost faith in BK, he won't lead us to a title. I know I want him fired but he won't be, but after a 7-6 season (maybe 8-5) next season he will be on the hot seat. It's clear he's going to need a big season next to keep his job, like I said about probably half of us are done with his antics and half will wait till next year.

I say anything below 10-2 will be the end of him, what do you guys think?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have to be a catastrophic collapse for him to be fired. He got his extension and there is almost no way that ND sinks more $$$ into a new high profile coach while still paying Kelly. Is ND still paying Weis, or is that monkey finally off their back?

I do believe that 2012 is looking more and more like an anomaly. We caught lightning in a bottle, caught a bunch of breaks for 13 weeks, then the carriage turned back into a pumpkin. We've been basically ordinary ever since.

I have lost a ton of faith in him! I can't believe Max and Elijah are not playing! You have to play them! Drew and Austin missed way too many tackles tonight. Golson needs to be benched period! It's sad when the announcers are even saying it. BK lost these last 2 games due to his coaching!

LOL you guys are too cute.

He's here to stay as long as we'll have him.

He'll break our hearts before we would turn him loose.

As my grandfather would say "If you want a dog to drop his bone, you have to offer him something better". For all the talk of wanting Kelly gone, who can you get that is gonna be better?

Seriously do you want to start over and go through the "wait till he get his players" again? I don't.

Kelly's not missing tackles or fumbling the ball.

It sucks, I hate it, but it would be foolish to dump Kelly now.

He's not going to be fired...

really? Another 8-5 year in 2015 doesn't get BK fired?

I'm a BK fan and I don't think that he can carry on at ND if his average wins over 5 years is 8. That's simply not good enough. Progressing the program (which he has done) is great and all, but you have to win. You play to win. New fields... great. More talent... great! Now win some games.....

This team has regressed this year. 2015 has to be a major bounceback.

Were the equivalent of a Nebraska right now, good history but has been above average for awhile. That's it an above average program, they have a coach similar to brian Kelly. They say one thing is certain every year and that is pelini winning 8 games.

I could say they're similar coaches, Kelly had that one season with a lot of luck. Two programs stuck in mediocrity.

I have lost a ton of faith in him! I can't believe Max and Elijah are not playing! You have to play them! Drew and Austin missed way too many tackles tonight. Golson needs to be benched period! It's sad when the announcers are even saying it. BK lost these last 2 games due to his coaching!

It was so infuriating watching Collingsworth miss so many tackles and get beat like a drum in pass coverage, what in god's name were they thinking when they started with him and stuck with him throughout the game when we have the very talented Redfield and Shumate on the sidelines. Can we not utilize Bryant more instead of the much less talented McDaniel who cost us the game last week. It's these types of idiotic decisions that have to stop, you need athletes to win at this level, not just coaches pets who work hard.

I've lost faith in BK. Between his go for 2 and his clock management I just don't get it. Seriously a guy in the business this long shouldn't be making some of the blunders he has made the last two weeks. I won't get into some of his personnel decisions like Redfield, but they are obviously quite questionable to say the least. And for him to say he's holding players accountable is a joke. You continue to let kids get away with things, and they are going to continue to do what they are doing.....

Being an Irish fan has to be the most godawful thing you could wish on someone. I do not know what I want, I just want to cry........

Thank god I am old enough that I was able to enjoy our last 3 national championships, for all of the younger Irish fans, frustration is the word that comes to mind.