Silver lining

None of us expected this team to be an NC contender, preseason. The fact that they played well enough to raise our expectations speaks volumes. Golson has all the talent in the world, but he needs to clean up his ball control. This team returns 20 starters ( potentially, give or take). Learn these lessons, feel this pain, grow, let the fire burn. Yes, this team got pimp-slapped, but outside of dumb mistakes (a lot of them), they outplayed ASU. The future is bright!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The silver lining to me is if we somehow didn't turn the ball over and won out and the made the playoff we would have been blown out. Everyone in the top ten would beat us and Baylor is better than us too. Our offensive line can't control the game and that's the biggest problem with this team. We can hope to win out and maybe win the peach bowl and that would be a great season. Now we don't have to worry about getting nipped out of the playoff and then we wouldn't have to see an sec or big 12 team run all over us.thats my silver lining.

The silver lining to me is if we somehow didn't turn the ball over and won out and the made the playoff we would have been blown out. Everyone in the top ten would beat us and Baylor is better than us too. Our offensive line can't control the game and that's the biggest problem with this team. We can hope to win out and maybe win the peach bowl and that would be a great season. Now we don't have to worry about getting nipped out of the playoff and then we wouldn't have to see an sec or big 12 team run all over us.thats my silver lining.

Don't talk like that I said the same thing and I have been called a prick. Lmao.

Look it up.... Midway through 2011, I said Notre Dame would be National Champs in 2012. Everybody called me crazy. We weren't ready, and Alabama clobbered us, but we were there. I'm saying we play for it (NC), next year.

I hope so Paddy O but from what we are seeing it doesn't look like bright.

the silver lining is reminding ourselves they weren't supposed to be good? huh?

that doesn't help

Against a top 10 opponent, down 34-3 (thanks to turnovers), we still throw a pick-6, and muff a chip shot FG, yet we're within one score. We are THIS close. Clean it up, we're there next year!

what in the hell do you mean it doesnt look bright?

Next year is the brightest its looked in almost a decade.

That's why I called him a cliff jumper. I don't think people needed to go off calling him a prick and so forth, but one atrocious game and he's ready to throw in the towel on everything now? Just ridiculous. Now if this turns in to a trend, and we lose out, I will gladly eat my words and join him on the cliff.