Unrealistic Expectations from a DELUSIONAL FEW

Notre Dame is truly 8-1 on the season at this point if you consider the Florida State loss a hose-job. Who amongst you would have predicted this coming into the season when the Irish had ALL their players on the roster?

Take away an All-American corner, a lockdown corner, a 5 star D-lineman, our defensive QB, and our top WR and I'd say this season has gone rather well. Some of you idiots need to reevaluate your expectations.

My ONLY concern with this season is why Golson is turning the ball over so much and why BK hasn't given him a timeout to consider his future. Other than that, I'm thrilled with how Notre Dame has put themselves back into the discussion and with good reason. This team is loaded with athletes and stars at every position and the future looks bright.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't delusional for an ND fan to expect that in Kelly's 5th year his team not look like the reincarnation of Gerry Faust and Charlie Weis. This was a terrible performance by an ill prepared and sloppy football ream. No amount of spin can wipe away the stench of this performance.

The only team standing in ND's way is ND. They have talent, speed, size, and coaching. They just haven't put it all together. No matter how much you tell yourself pre-season: Self, this is a young team playing a high-risk defense and they're going to make mistakes. EG's ball control has been abysmal and the Oline play has mystified everyone. But still, I cannot believe how irate supposed "fans" are about a team that never gave up, made it a game after being down by 33 with only 18 minutes gone in the game, and really had a chance to turn it around until a fluke interception return. I certainly wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with some of these jokers.

It isn't delusional for an ND fan to expect that in Kelly's 5th year his team not look like the reincarnation of Gerry Faust and Charlie Weis. This was a terrible performance by an ill prepared and sloppy football ream. No amount of spin can wipe away the stench of this performance.

Frankus, for you to compare BK to Faust or Weis is embarrassing bud. You are bordering on stupidity/antagonist. I can't figure out which one should apply.

This team is very good and you know it. This is the first let down of this caliber since...Bama? Regardless, they still put up a fight to come back when it mattered.

Give it a rest.

The only team standing in ND's way is ND. They have talent, speed, size, and coaching. They just haven't put it all together.

We had 41 rushing yards on 38 attempts. That's incompetence. Add on 5 turnovers and you get what we saw-an embarrassment. Stop with the happy talk. The reality is we stunk and deserve what we will be getting when the pollsters gather this week.

http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/showpost.php?p=585231&postcount=93

So you predicted 2-4 losses and now are acting like ND is the worst team in CFB, that 5 years of BK means perfection and nothing less. You predicted 2-4 losses which would invalidate what any pollster would think but now that your own guess is coming true, you're melting down over it. C'mon, man.

Notre Dame is truly 8-1 on the season at this point if you consider the Florida State loss a hose-job. Who amongst you would have predicted this coming into the season when the Irish had ALL their players on the roster?

Take away an All-American corner, a lockdown corner, a 5 star D-lineman, our defensive QB, and our top WR and I'd say this season has gone rather well. Some of you idiots need to reevaluate your expectations.

My ONLY concern with this season is why Golson is turning the ball over so much and why BK hasn't given him a timeout to consider his future. Other than that, I'm thrilled with how Notre Dame has put themselves back into the discussion and with good reason. This team is loaded with athletes and stars at every position and the future looks bright.

Man just stop. We are 7-2. We controlled our own Destiny and got our face rubbed in ****. Stop making excuses for them damn.

Man just stop. We are 7-2. We controlled our own Destiny and got our face rubbed in ****. Stop making excuses for them damn.

Usually when somebody says they are thrilled does NOT accompany excuse making. Just saying. Z Y X W V U T S R Q...write that down. You may need it later.

expectations have context and considering the best win ND has this season is against Stanford who's 5-4 I'd have to say that things are disappointing as they are...

everyone's expectations are influenced by the games week in and week out

the kansas city royals didn't expect to be in the playoffs, their expectations changed accordingly

How is ND shooting itself in the foot "getting our face rubbed in $hit?" Please sir, have another!

You all cracked me up. It's simple refer to the prediction thread. None of you thought we would lose. Imao... I will drink another. But all you pompous guys do me a favor and go to that thread and just read what most of you wrote....lmao. com on

Edited by SpeedsterX
no name calling please

I find it odd u start a thread about delusional when u just say we are truly 8-1. No were not, I don't care how you wanna spin it that was a penalty and the majority of non bias people have seen it that way. This team has played an easy schedule and will lose to USC at the end of the year, the USC defense is good ad u know they will manhandle our soft oline. The college football landscape is changing and changing fast. If the playoff does not go to 8 teams we'd be better off joining the big ten and competing wih the ohio and michigan teams for a playoff spot which is much more realistic.

Also the sec bias is for good reason, I don't know if anyone ever has sec games flipped during nd games but everytime I switch I can't help but notice the speed and intensity level is just not even close.