• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To all those who agreed Mississippi State should be #1, what do you have to say now? They barely scraped by a FIVE LOSSArkansas team.

Quit complaining about how ND won. Florida State is still ranked high after BARELY scraping by ND. A win is a win fellas.

So "a win is a win" is the takeaway, and you prove your theory by pointing to MSU's narrow WIN over Arkansas as a detractor and ND's narrow loss to FSU as a supporting argument ?

People are allowed to feel disappointed in a close win, so long as they recognize it as a win and one at the end of the year few people will remember...

people are complaining on the twitter about how ND is not/should not be a playoff team because of this game against Navy. but the #1 team barely won. but of course they're from the SEC so I guess they get a pass.

Mississippi State should drop, and FSU should be #1 after beating ranked Louisville.

So "a win is a win" is the takeaway, and you prove your theory by pointing to MSU's narrow WIN over Arkansas as a detractor and ND's narrow loss to FSU as a supporting argument ?

People are allowed to feel disappointed in a close win, so long as they recognize it as a win and one at the end of the year few people will remember...

No, I'm talking to the people who are crying (like normal) because ND didn't win 197-3. These guys say crap like, "ND deserves their low ranking" and "they'll probably drop in the poles" while leg humping the SEC.

Our close game to Navy is no different than MSU barely beating Arkansas, but because some of our "fans" are so used to being a media punching bag, they see this WIN as a bad thing.

ND deserves to move up because they won. Period.

I can see the argument that Mississippi State doesn't deserve to be #1, but I also don't think ND deserve a whole lot of credit for this win over Navy. ND won, but they didn't get any style points. when these voters are deciding who is ranked where ND needs to wow them with more than just wins, when the opponents on ND schedule don't give them enough points by just winning.

I can see the argument that Mississippi State doesn't deserve to be #1, but I also don't think ND deserve a whole lot of credit for this win over Navy. ND won, but they didn't get any style points. when these voters are deciding who is ranked where ND needs to wow them with more than just wins, when the opponents on ND schedule don't give them enough points by just winning.

Then justify Florida State's ranking for me. I'll wait.

I have two words for you. Mississippi State. Talk to me tomorrow after the new ranking comes out.

okay but consider how this looks

for perspective, the 4 wins for Navy

Texas State, who? sunbelt conference is still around?

Virginia Miltary Institute, who? what are they Division 3?

San Jose? Mountain West losing team

and the powerhouse Temple Owls

if looking impressive helps

how does it not hurt ND by looking bad against a bad team?

it works both ways

okay but consider how this looks

for perspective, the 4 wins for Navy

Texas State, who? sunbelt conference is still around?

Virginia Miltary Institute, who? what are they Division 3?

San Jose? Mountain West losing team

and the powerhouse Temple a Owls

if looking impressive helps

how does it not hurt ND by looking bad against a bad team?

it works both ways

Fine, as long as ALL teams get judged the same way.

Then justify Florida State's ranking for me. I'll wait.

they're undefeated, where should they be ranked?

I would think those in the committee would love to rank FSU lower, but their hands on tied as long as they're undefeated. ND would be in the same shoes if they had won the FSU game, continuing to be in the top tier as long as they were undefeated.