Maybe the committee actually got it right

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TCU and MSU suck We'd beat both. That doesn't mean we're a Top 4 team. We lack a killer instinct, and if we get passed even though we win 11 it will be because of that.

Oregon 45

Stanford 16

Notre Dame 17

Stanford 14

That right there is going to be what everyone talks about...

We do not deserve to be in the playoff discussion at this point.

KSU/TCU winner

Alabama/Auburn winner

Oregon

FSU

That's your top 4, and we don't have a leg to stand on in an argument about it either...

Oregon 45

Stanford 16

Notre Dame 17

Stanford 14

That right there is going to be what everyone talks about...

We do not deserve to be in the playoff discussion at this point.

KSU/TCU winner

Alabama/Auburn winner

Oregon

FSU

That's your top 4, and we don't have a leg to stand on in an argument about it either...

Total and absolute propaganda inspired BS.

it looks like Florida State could win out. if they do, they're in.

the winner of the Mississippi State/Alabama game (or SEC winner) is in.

if Oregon continues to win in the Pac 10, they're in.

that leaves 1 spot for ND or another team the committee decides is better.

Maybe ten is about right. Potential top 5 offense, top 15 to 20 defense. The defense has played pretty well in general, certainly better than I expected but it's inexperienced and limited. On top of that, the more games we play, the more tape there is of BVG's defense to examine and more cracks will show. That won't matter as much once the guys get more experience in the defense and become a more cohesive unit. Have to hope Day and Onwualu are good for next week. Day is a key cog and Onwualu has been getting more of a feel for the position.

We're still a 1 loss team though and I believe there are two fewer one loss teams after today so I believe we stay in the conversation.

I don't think anyone was saying ND should be in the top 4 last week. HOWEVER, the complaints were about MSU and TCU being ahead of them. ND should have been 8th and should be around 6th this week.

IMO, this is exactly right! I don't care at this point in the season if ND was 6, 8 10, or 12. But there has to be some logic to the decision. The problem I have is listening to the committee defend itself saying it was not impressed with ND's wins, but put MSU 2 spots ahead of ND after having such quality wins against Jacksonville State (FCS school), Eastern Michigan, and Wyoming, having less impressive victories than ND against common opponents Purdue & Michigan, and getting beaten badly on the road to the #3 team where ND barely lost to the #2 team on the road. Same with KSU, apparently being credited with beating powerhouse Stephen F. Austin (FCS) and losing to #5 (as opposed to #2) at home (as opposed to on the road). KSU's best win was against Oklahoma, #11 at the time, but we beat Stanford, #13 at the time. It's like listening to a 10 year old tell 1 lie after another and you just see it spiraling downward to the inevitable crash and burn.